DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer smoke detector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer smoke detector
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wondering if there is a nice system for smoke detectors inside a trailer. I plan to instal 2 elide fireballs, but would like to have something that will alarm audibly as well as send an alert to my phone. Thanks guys!

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great topic. Always a concern. I now have two IR Cameras and two smoke detectors. This is in a 48’ trailer. Also I never run down the highway with doors locked as I may need quick access. Fire extinguishers in truck and trailer. I don’t want to be looking for a fire extinguisher in a burning box. They are Bluetooth/WiFi compatible to my phone via PLC output. Looking forward to see what everyone els is doing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD1964,

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Do you have any links to the detectors your using?

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
https://www.honeywellanalytics.com/en/products/FSL100

This going to plc via 4-20 mA in trailer
Smokes also 4-20 mA From Grainger I believe.
Two of each for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD1964,

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I’ve posted several times about mine. A search on here or Yellowbullet should turn up something. Also, there are wireless camera systems that work pretty well. Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Where is the best place to get the Elide Fireballs?

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Tommy Johnson Sr. has had a good smoke detector system, for quite a while.

advancedwirelesstechnology.com

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Most of your box stores will go off when you crank or pull in car...

Posts: 1257 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
These days we all have choices. I bought mine mainly due to the fact they run with 12vdc.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tommy Johnson Sr at Advanced Wireless. His systems are affordable and protecting a lot of NASCAR and NHRA rigs. The Alarm setup is sweet. Lets you locate your rig on satellite, make a "geo fence" that if it moves outside that the alarm goes off, brakes lock and it call, I think, 3 cell numbers.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Advanced Wireless Technologies. I looked at the web site and found the Smokes. I didn't see the ir/uv protection. Still good stuff for people to have.