DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Front tire diameter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front tire diameter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Gunn
posted
Was wondering if you all might have some ideas about what the difference might be if I change the front tire diameter from 24" to 25" or 26". Car is 2400 lb. door car and I run Hot Rod and Top bulb Bracket racing. Car does sit a bit higher in the rear right now. Thanks for your input.

Drag racers and fans are the best people in the World.Have fun race.

Posts: 9 | Location: Hamilton,Ontario,Canada | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,
26" tire has a roll out of 81"
25 tire has a roll out of 78" 1/4
24 tire has a roll out of 76" 7/16
The taller tire has more roll out giving you a running start at the clock that helps et but slows R/T.
If you just want to raise the car at the front just adjust the coil overs. Or just go to the 25" tire. Hope this helps.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Gunn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help Brian. May catch up with you at the Bend sometime this year. Take care.

Drag racers and fans are the best people in the World.Have fun race.

Posts: 9 | Location: Hamilton,Ontario,Canada | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Dave I run a 23" tire.....that's one reason why I can go red anywhere on the planet lol.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Was thinking of going from a 26" up to a 27"

Worried about reaction times off the food though. Need to come up on the converter to 3000-3200 now to cut a decent light.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post