Find
Notify
Tools

Need a GM tech
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cory
posted
07 Caddy Escalade will not start. Will not click, will not begin to engage the starter. Here is where it gets weird. Daytime running lights do not come on, I can manually turn headlights on. Front power windows work, back do not. Gas gauge is not working, gear indicator is not working, radio and blower work. It's like I lost half of my electrical. I jumped engine and body ground to rule them out. Battery is charged, even hooked ot IP yo another running car.
Any ideas before I pull out a gas can and matches. Supposed to leave for Christmas vacation tomorrow.

Posts: 720 | Location: IN | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Possibly ignition switch,but most likely BCM.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I retired from GM service back in 2010, but I recall that problem happening and seems to me it was always the ignition switch that was the culprit.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Cadillac, Cadillac, with I had my money back.......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dtye:
Possibly ignition switch,but most likely BCM.

that's also a good possibility!

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Cory...... Ignition switch is a good bet. But before you get to crazy, unhook both battery cables and hold cable ends together for a minute, It's referred to a cold relearn, something cheap and quick to try..........Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Something is going on with the underhood fuse block. Either a bad connection, wiring problem or something with the power feed to the fuse block.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cory
posted Hide Post
Ignition switch was a no go.

Posts: 720 | Location: IN | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cory
posted Hide Post
Ignition switch really didn't make sense to me being that the dome light doesn't work and I would think that circuit would not run through the switch but it was a cheap try.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cory
posted Hide Post
Cold relearn did nothing also

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
Something is going on with the underhood fuse block. Either a bad connection, wiring problem or something with the power feed to the fuse block.

I haven't been a GM tech in quite a few years but this is where I'd look. Turn the block over and see if there is corrosion or any melting of the plastic. see if you can find a power distribution wiring diagram.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I'm not a GM tech BUT I would check what EMAN and others have said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wHdTHMhpDI

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check the connection for the BCM, they had a lot of problems with water intrusion, might be corrosion on terminals.

Posts: 461 | Location: Indy | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:

I haven't been a GM tech in quite a few years but this is where I'd look. Turn the block over and see if there is corrosion or any melting of the plastic. see if you can find a power distribution wiring diagram.

Occam's razor, the simplest solution tends to be the correct one. Some stuff is powering up, some stuff isn't. Quit guessing and check the power feeds. 99% chance the problem is related to the under hood fuse block or a power feed to the fuse block.
Like Eman I'm no longer a GM tech, but until 2016 I was a GM World Class Master Tech.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cory
posted Hide Post
Ended up being the BCM. I checked everything I could. Had to throw in the towel.