DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Golf cart rear seat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golf cart rear seat
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
In the process of finishing up rebuilding my Ezgo golf cart and the time has come for the rear seat. The current one that came with it was the nice aluminum flip out seat. Sadly that seat has seen better days. Some welds are broken and need to be re-welded/braced, the brackets for the hard top posts need new brackets fabricated as they had numerous bad repairs that never held up. The seats have seen better days but could be useable.

I have looked online and found a large spread of prices. Is there a better/More comfortable one out there to look into or are they pretty much all the same? Needs to be black with black cushions. Prices ranged from 300-600$ so if the 300$ ones are comfortable and work well it might be worth it over fixing this one and powdercoating it which I had planned to do. Thanks guys

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Also a folding rear foot rest would be a huge plus

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NHRA1877,

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I got my folding rear seat and platform and the overload spring kit from buggies unlimited for my club car. This was a few years ago, cant remember the price, but as tight as I am, it must have been reasonable.

Posts: 294 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
golf cart trader

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Scott the seat you want is called the Flip/Flop seat and IIRC, it's made by M&M. Further, call Golf Cart Service Inc. in PA for it and anything else you need.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I will look it up. I got most of the parts I needed from the place in PA so far, they are great to deal with

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I purchased my golf cart new in 2013 from Golf Cart Services Inc and had them add the M&M Flip/Flop seat. BTW, I plan to buy a new flip flop seat and will sell the one I have now. The black powder coated side guardrail frames have peeled in some spots

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed, how much length does that seat add to the cart? The footrest on all of the ones I've looked at appear to add 6" or more to the cart even when folded up but I don't have the room... my trailer has an L-shaped cabinet and the cart fits tight between it & the wheelwell, so I'm looking for something that only adds an inch or two when folded.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Hey Ed, how much length does that seat add to the cart? The footrest on all of the ones I've looked at appear to add 6" or more to the cart even when folded up but I don't have the room... my trailer has an L-shaped cabinet and the cart fits tight between it & the wheelwell, so I'm looking for something that only adds an inch or two when folded.

Billy I have 9' between my wheel well and cabinet. My step only looks to add 2" after the rear bumper, but Dan Page made my original step fold up. The cart measures 7'9" from step to front bumper. It's a Yamaha cart.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

97” overall length

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Billy I have 9' between my wheel well and cabinet. My step only looks to add 2" after the rear bumper, but Dan Page made my original step fold up. The cart measures 7'9" from step to front bumper. It's a Yamaha cart.[/QUOTE]

That's great but I'm not a fan-boy / intern at Dan Page Race Cars! Sorry, just kidding - I figured I'd wind up modifying one but I hoped to find one that happens to fit almost flush before I went that route. I can't tell 100% from that pic but the one on Ed's appears to be closer than any of the others.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post