DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    WILSON 632 SR20 Steel block runs 4.34 at Galot!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WILSON 632 SR20 Steel block runs 4.34 at Galot!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Ediot's motor is a 650 (fiddy) under 1900lbs?

Does that make my 582 running 4.48 @ 1925lbs a rocket ship?
And I'm only running Edelbrock Victor conventional heads.

Are you dyslexic? Sure you didnt mean 4.84? In Dec you said it went, 4.80/145..... Hell of a long ways from 4.48

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:

Are you dyslexic? Sure you didnt mean 4.84? In Dec you said it went, 4.80/145..... Hell of a long ways from 4.48

Yes at high altitude Vegas last year I ran 4.80's....then over the winter I freshened the engine and changed several things and ran a best of 4.48 at sea level Bakersfeild this year.
I feel kinda special that you'd remember something I posted last year though.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes at high altitude Vegas last year I ran 4.80's....then over the winter I freshened the engine and changed several things and ran a best of 4.48 at sea level Bakersfeild this year.
I feel kinda special that you'd remember something I posted last year though.....

Dave,

I would have run Bakersfield if you would have let me know.

As far as being sea level, I guess it's close at 400'+ & that's part of the reason why it's .2 - .3 faster than Vegas. The other part is being in them orange groves.

I like when people have pre-determined assumptions on our race vehicle(s) performance at our racetrack.

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Went from high altitude to near sea level, and also bolted a blower on it?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If I had a blown 582 that only ran 4.40-4.50s I sure as he11 wouldn't admit it on here...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If I had a blown 582 that only ran 4.40-4.50s I sure as he11 wouldn't admit it on here...

Most baby blower engines are 582 and bigger, and only runs high 30s AT BEST, and usually run .40s-.60s

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How much boost can one of those little things make on 582 and bigger?
Baby blower + 200 or 250?

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This should help with your question.

2BKING Smile

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...607013596#8607013596

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:

Most baby blower engines are 582 and bigger, and only runs high 30s AT BEST, and usually run .40s-.60s

Jeremiah , Flip told me he went 4.18 best with his .... I dont know what pulleys that was but its movin on , for a baby setup..

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
quote:

Jeremiah , Flip told me he went 4.18 best with his .... I dont know what pulleys that was but its movin on , for a baby setup..

That is true, i believe that was a very NICE 632 Sniper engine. Was that with 1 or 2 carbs?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is true, i believe that was a very NICE 632 Sniper engine. Was that with 1 or 2 carbs?

I dont know , we're gonna pull mine next Tuesday and get it broken in .. we'll see how it does ....

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post