DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone had a Fluke multi-meter repaired, my model 187 died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone had a Fluke multi-meter repaired, my model 187 died
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted
Has anyone anyone had a Fluke multi-meter repaired. My 187 just died. It was working last week and it wont even turn on this morning. I changed the batteries and checked both fuses.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have sent my old Fluke 83 in twice directly to Fluke.

It’s been many years but they used to have a flat fee to repair and calibrate one. Was around $100 I think.

I still have that meter and they always worked fine after Fluke had them in for repair.

I keep that 83 in my trailer and bought another one for work. They have some relatively lower priced units that work just as well for me. I would not buy or use anything but Fluke.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
It is gonna cost me $450-500 to replace, so $100 is a no brainer!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have sent several 87's in for either repair and or calibration. The cost has always been less than $100.

Hopefully the prices have not gone through the roof. Let us know what you find out when you get hold of them.

All of mine have come back looking like brand new.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
We use the Fluke 177 for our students. They have held up well to the use, and the only thing I've had to do was replace the internal fuses when people don't hook things up right. I think we're paying less than $200 a meter

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Reached out to Fluke, they stated the 187 is not repairable and would sell me the new 287 for $400 if I mail my old one in. You can get a new 287 for $395 from Amazon with free shipping.

Rob Robertson