DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Remote oil filter kits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remote oil filter kits
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted
In redoing the front of my car over the off season, I now need to add a remote oil filter. Won't be able to remove the filter with the mid-plate, headers and oil pan combo on the car now.

What have you used with success and what should I stay away from? Should I use -10 or -12 lines? Haven't decided on a location to mount the remote filter yet.

Was looking at a system one kit but it's over $600 without any plumbing.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
I now need to add a remote oil filter. Won't be able to remove the filter with the mid-plate, headers and oil pan combo on the car now.

Why? Photos.

Will a much smaller filter like the K&P that I run work?

Before swapping to the K&P filer, I had to modify the mid plate and remove the #1 header tube to change my filter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
In redoing the front of my car over the off season, I now need to add a remote oil filter. Won't be able to remove the filter with the mid-plate, headers and oil pan combo on the car now.

What have you used with success and what should I stay away from? Should I use -10 or -12 lines? Haven't decided on a location to mount the remote filter yet.

Was looking at a system one kit but it's over $600 without any plumbing.

I have a System 1 remote adapter with the lines and System 1 inline filter for a Chevy. It's all -12. I can't use it with the New Century block I'm now running.

PM me for more info.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ham-3313

I have one of these in red brand new I can make you a deal on.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
2" header under the filter and oil pan kicked out leaves no room from underneath and the frame is to the outside. GOt a nice cubby hole for the filter. Used to get it reaching between the trans and over the header from behind but the mid-plate is there now.

Can't even run a reuseable filter so I'm stuck with a Wix racing shorty. I hate cutting them open to inspect them.

Was mocking it up last night and the header is really close to the oil pan so might not be able to get a diaper on it. If I do, I will have to wrap the header and/or get one that is heat resistant.

I need new headers, these are ridiculous. Why I have 2" headers on a SBC is beyond me. Way more trouble than they are worth.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
NAPA stocks a new extra short filter, Gold series 97xx for late model GM truck of some sort?

Sounds like you need new headers.....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1622 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post