DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Little Chassis Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Chassis Help
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted
Here is a graph and a launch in slow motion. You can see it dead hook, then get on the tire. I did have a 5400 chip on the starting line. I'm in 5000ft or air BTW. S/G index is 10.03

Where would you go with it?

https://www.facebook.com/10000...os/2148235085395869/

Posts: 1404 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
Wish you had a shock travel sensor.
The rear shocks look too loose both ways.
Front end shock extension is way too loose.

Posts: 7021 | Location: Montgomery Al. USA | Registered: October 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Smith:
Wish you had a shock travel sensor.
The rear shocks look too loose both ways.
Front end shock extension is way too loose.

I'm not sure about the front, but yea the rear is 3 from loose both ways. Just a starting point..

Posts: 1404 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
It's pitch rotating so fast that it's killing the back tires. Slowing down front end travel or adding nose weight would help a bunch.
Just ten pounds out front would help if you can't slow down the shock travel.

Posts: 7021 | Location: Montgomery Al. USA | Registered: October 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I will pull the front end tomorrow and see where the front Strange struts are set.

Would you leave the 5400 chip?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
I will pull the front end tomorrow and see where the front Strange struts are set.

I would leave it for now. I think it would probably be better with lower chip like 4400 but I would get chassis right first. I agree with tightening up the shocks to see what that does.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3963 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
On a side note, I can out 60' and out mph the dude you raced in the 1/8, but his 330' is .08 faster than mine.......hmmmm.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hell I'm chipped at 5800 in bracket mode. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Smith:
quote:

Hell I'm chipped at 5800 in bracket mode. Big Grin

I feel foolish. I've been at 3600 due to tire shake and went up to 4600 last weekend. I haven't tried anything over that yet.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
Well our converter flashes to 6900.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I think the heads are making too much power! wait no such thing as too much power,kills that theoryLOL.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I think the heads are making too much power! wait no such thing as too much power,kills that theoryLOL.

Well it is a little 380 cid stock block, 260 cammed, 205cc 23º engine! powerhouse!! Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is it consistent? What are you trying to accomplish?

Posts: 475 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
bringing the bottom bar up one hole will soften up the hit

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post