DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Any Hoosier c1550 updates
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Hoosier c1550 updates
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Any updates on how everyone is doing on this tire now that summer temps are here?

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m not convinced yet the 1550 is as good as the BR3 on our 4.40s car. Putting the BR3 back on our car at some point this season for comparison.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I tried them this past Saturday and they seemed to work well, no complaints, very similar to a big bubba, I did not do any back to back testing, but it was hot and sunny for sure.......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ive got the 3197 mt on there now with 50 passes on them running 385 to 3.95 range and they still look like new...but im running td at norwalk national event next week and they saying the problems with the mt occur 1000 feet plus. so just to be safe im bringing a pair of c1550 in the trailer just in case the mt start to blister...i run 3 degree down wing angle and they say that helps tear up the mt

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
A guy was selling a set of 1550s on the drr facebook page that was blistered like the mt do. I do believe the post was taken back down tho.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
was blistered like the mt do. I d

thats not good at all

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
A guy was selling a set of 1550s on the drr facebook page that was blistered like the mt do. I do believe the post was taken back down tho.

I dont believe it and have heard nothing but good things. It was super hot in Tulsa this past weekend and all the Hoosiers in TD were going down the track without any problems.
I still have the c1500s on mine with 46 runs and I went 230 mph multiple times on a hot track with no problems. In fact the winning car in TD was on the c1500s and knowing Rusty Baxter they have over 100 runs on them.

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I was wrong, it was a set of BR3s that were blistered. it was on the dragsters and roadsters for sale on facebook

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My 1550’s are still working great, like Steve said it was miserably hot last weekend in Tulsa

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
damn steve if i had feelings that would hurt

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1412 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
damn steve if i had feelings that would hurt

I think it was you or JR that told me you ran a set until they wouldn't hold air Laughing Hard

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone using them in the 4.40-4.50 range
I'm 2100 pounds with a baby blower

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what part of this don't you understand?

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I’m not convinced yet the 1550 is as good as the BR3 on our 4.40s car. Putting the BR3 back on our car at some point this season for comparison.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1800ish vs 2100ish

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1900ish

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous1:
Anyone using them in the 4.40-4.50 range
I'm 2100 pounds with a baby blower

Yes. 4.50 @ 2020 lbs. I loved them first time out in 85 degrees on a decent track. Went to Cedar Falls for the SFG race and had a hell of a time though. It was 95 degrees and the track looked terrible. I think just about everyone had a timing curve in that weekend.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Trying mine for the first time this weekend at the Lebanon Valley Division race. I can give an update once I have some data.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
what part of this don't you understand?

quote:

The part where you obviously know how to make a car work with hoosiers, and litterally nothing else. The BR3 is pretty close to the way a hoosier works, the 1550 is a mickey with hoosier lettering...lol

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Smooth in the burnout? that was always my complaint with the 33.5x17 Hoosiers.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous1:
Smooth in the burnout? that was always my complaint with the 33.5x17 Hoosiers.

The 1550 wont shake like a typical hoosier, but they grab quick, and do not need a ton of burnout.

Jeremiah Hall