DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear update feedback [door car]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear update feedback [door car]
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
With the recent news about success with dragsters let's hear from the door car successes. My Lamplighter project will need a 32 x 14 this fall.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
While I don't have any personal experience on the tire size you are wanting, I do have experience on Goodyear's and door cars. I made the switch in 2009 from Hoosier to Goodyear. For many years I ran the 2053 which is 17x33-15. I now run the 2775(17x33.5-16) on both my Camaro and dragster. I run mostly on the west coast in the spring and fall on some pretty warm tracks. I have also run a lot in Denver where the track can be very cool in the morning and night. The Goodyears seem to work great for me in all conditions. I don't claim to be a tire expert, and I'm always willing to try products to make my cars better. But a look at my driveshaft graph and time slips tells me my GY's will be hard to beat. If you want a GY contact to find the best compound for your needs, send me a pm.
Good luck!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I love my Goodyears. I run the 3122 on my dragster. On the doorcars we run the good ole 1984 (32x14) d5 compound tire. Always had great luck and life out of them. Ran on hot and cold tracks and still work.

Posts: 25 | Location: K-Town | Registered: June 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
A quick question for you guys on the GY with door cars, how many runs are you getting out of them before having to get new tires?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Kole, the #1984 D5 is what I am considering.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Larry I ran the 1984 for years, car weight with me 2780# . would get 140 to 160 hits before I would kill the sidewalls . Even as sidewalls gone still had 35% rubber, they worked in the heat or in as cold as 45* . The reason I changed tp MTs was needed a taller tire 104+ ….good luck

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post