Tools

Pit Mats
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
I rarely have the need for a pit mat because most of the tracks we run at have very nice asphalt. So spending hundreds of dollars on a heavy pit mat doesn't seem necessary to me. But I will be running the national event at the Texas Motorplex, and have heard their pit spots can be quite messy. I like the idea of the light weight billboard tarps. Hope I have enough time to get one here before I have to leave! Thanks for the good info Tony.

Boy are you in for an experience at the Motorplex, place is a dump compared to other tracks. Sportsman pits are out in the back forty in the dirt and rocks. Better hope it dont rain!! Even the paved pits have rocks and potholes, place is in some serious need of repairs, unless the NHRA mandates they fix something for the National, Billy Meyer wont spend 2 cents on the joint.

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
I rarely have the need for a pit mat because most of the tracks we run at have very nice asphalt. So spending hundreds of dollars on a heavy pit mat doesn't seem necessary to me. But I will be running the national event at the Texas Motorplex, and have heard their pit spots can be quite messy. I like the idea of the light weight billboard tarps. Hope I have enough time to get one here before I have to leave! Thanks for the good info Tony.

Boy are you in for an experience at the Motorplex, place is a dump compared to other tracks. Sportsman pits are out in the back forty in the dirt and rocks. Better hope it dont rain!! Even the paved pits have rocks and potholes, place is in some serious need of repairs, unless the NHRA mandates they fix something for the National, Billy Meyer wont spend 2 cents on the joint.

These last two comments are very similar to what I have heard of about the Motorplex. I can deal with the messy pit situation as long as the track is good. But I'm sure there's plenty of other threads about the national event track prep.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

These last two comments are very similar to what I have heard of about the Motorplex. I can deal with the messy pit situation as long as the track is good. But I'm sure there's plenty of other threads about the national event track prep.

The biggest thing about the track is the groove is very narrow, those who race there have a saying, out of the groove, out of the gas. The traction in the groove is very good but the place has chewed up allot of race cars over the years. Also there is a bump right after the score boards where it goes from concrete to asphalt. It has never bothered me but some complain about it

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Anyone use the roll out boat type green carpet? That is what I want.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post