DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Transmission doesn't shift
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transmission doesn't shift
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier about the two speed sensors that i changed that fixed mine but have done a little reading that says a 97-up will only have the front input speed sensor. Not sure if the output speed is not needed due to ABS signal crossing over or??? but i can tell you that they wont shift if the input sensor is bad. If the ouput sensor is faulty on an earlier one like i had you will not have a speedo.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry-war:
I posted earlier about the two speed sensors that i changed that fixed mine but have done a little reading that says a 97-up will only have the front input speed sensor. Not sure if the output speed is not needed due to ABS signal crossing over or??? but i can tell you that they wont shift if the input sensor is bad. If the ouput sensor is faulty on an earlier one like i had you will not have a speedo.

Thanks. I'm Going to take another blind shot at it and change the speed sensor tomorrow. From what I can tell, there's only one and it's at the tail of the transfer case. Haven't gotten a scanner on it yet, can't drive it across town with dead tags and low gear only. I'm having one brought over this week, I hope, and see if that gives me a clue. From what I understand, that should tell me if a shift solenoid is bad.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The one most likely to make it not shift is located just above the shift linkage shaft (maybe a lil to the rear) on the left side of trans

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post