New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear Shocks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have to replace the rear coil over shocks on my 4 link super gas/ bracket car. looking for good adjustability. what is the recommendation of brand??

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
AFCO

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E-man:
I have to replace the rear coil over shocks on my 4 link super gas/ bracket car. looking for good adjustability. what is the recommendation of brand??

What do you have for shocks now? And how much are you looking to spend?

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
QA1 single adjustable. not too worried about cost. more concerned with quality of the product.

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I prefer Strange (I am a dealer), although Penskes are good but pricey.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
If money is not an issue, then look at Penski, JRI, or Ohlin. Afco and Strange does have some nice stuff, and will work with most, but nothing beats a high quality shock. I learned this the hard way.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My 2003 Racetech came with double adjustable Afco's.

I recently replaced them and bought......... Afco's.

Could not justify spending twice the price for the high end shocks when the Afco's have always worked with no issues for all this time.

Newer version has much finer adjustment possibilities. More than 3 times the range of "clicks"

I know where I ran the old ones and am experimenting with the new ones just to see if it makes much difference...doubt it...

I even sold the old ones since they are still good....

Just needed some new shiny stuff.....lol

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very hard to beat Afco for the money. If you have the extra cash you are just wanting to spend then the next step up would be Penske and the next step up after that would be Ohlin

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E-man:
QA1 single adjustable. not too worried about cost. more concerned with quality of the product.

Just a fyi. Unlike many other rear DA coil overs, AFCO needs 2.625” ID springs. Not the popular 2.5”.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Give me a call I carry all JRI Products and have shocks and springs in stock. I can help with advising on which adjuster to go with. If you are looking for quality you can't beat a JRI or Penske. Check out my website competitivesuspension.com

shane (484-529-3501)

Posts: 21 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post