Find
Notify
Tools

Adel or??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Taken from 2019 General Regulations on NHRARACER.com

"All fuel tanks, lines, pumps, valves, etc. must be outside of the driver’s compartment and within the confines of the frame and/or steel body."

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
within the confines of the frame and/or steel body

Written this way because of the many various ways manufacturers and chassis builders configure their cars.

You can put the fuel lines on the outside of the frame rails for a Nova, they will still be with-in the confines of the steel body. If you had a car with a perimeter frame such as a g-body or chevelle, they would need to be on the inside of the frame.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:

Written this way because of the many various ways manufacturers and chassis builders configure their cars.

You can put the fuel lines on the outside of the frame rails for a Nova, they will still be with-in the confines of the steel body. If you had a car with a perimeter frame such as a g-body or chevelle, they would need to be on the inside of the frame.

Thanks Tom, I wondered about the "steel body" terminology and thought that technically speaking I'm good. Like I said before, I think I'm much safer having it outside the frame and tucked up near the floor board which is steel too.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:

Thanks Tom, I wondered about the "steel body" terminology and thought that technically speaking I'm good. Like I said before, I think I'm much safer having it outside the frame and tucked up near the floor board which is steel too.

Many years ago, Cecil County had me change mine 3 weeks in a row. I painted it black and they never said anything again.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Different tech guy each time?? Does Cecil actually look under the car these days?

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
Different tech guy each time?? Does Cecil actually look under the car these days?

This was a long time ago. I had it run on the inside of the frame rail and the tech guy said it couldn't be there. So I moved it to the outside of the frame and said it couldn't be there either. I moved it back to the inside and painted it black.

72 Nova "Hooptie"