DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC roller lifters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC roller lifters
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I want to change out my Morel lifters because they pour oil out of a small h0le in the bottom of the roller next to the wheel. Talking to Morel they say that's build a film/wave of oil between the lobe and the roller. I prefer not to have controlled oil leaks, especially right above the rotating assembly.

The only lifters I can find quickly is the Isky RedZone lifters.
My understanding is the RedZone lifters are in the higher level of endurance and quality. Still true or ...?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Isky or BAM lifters

Posts: 788 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So you've had good luck with the Isky RedZone lifters?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
So you've had good luck with the Isky RedZone lifters?

Very good personal luck with their lifters. I would not hesitate to put them in another motor

Posts: 788 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isky or BAM lifters.... Very good personal luck with their lifters.

He's being a little slippery confirming Red Zone's.

Just looked at Reher-Morrison's 583ci, 1195hp, 12* and they spec ".904″ Isky Red Zone “Centered” Roller Lifters".

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with the EZ-MAX bushed lifter. I believe that the Red-Zone is still a needle bearing roller.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Isky or BAM lifters.... Very good personal luck with their lifters.

He's being a little slippery confirming Red Zone's.

Just looked at Reher-Morrison's 583ci, 1195hp, 12* and they spec ".904″ Isky Red Zone “Centered” Roller Lifters".

Used red zone and EZ X

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
To answer the original question---YES. I have them in a Reher-Morrison 540. Rebuilt once and still going.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I used Isky red zone needle bearing .842" diameter lifters and never had any issues

Had them converted to bushed type and also no issues....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
BAM Bushed rollers for the win. Check with some of the big name engine builders, they may have what you need in stock and ready to ship.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dave,

If you use the Bam lifters be very careful that you have the pushrods seated fully in the lifter cup. They are made differently than other lifters.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post