DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Jesel Sportman Rockers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jesel Sportman Rockers
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Picked up a set of Brodix Bb2 heads and some Jesel Sportsman Rockers. Completely un assembled. There is a washer that I assume goes under one of the rockers/stand but does it go on the exhaust or intake side? Anyone know.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I've used them and there was no washers of any kind under either stand.

Just the alignment plates to keep the stands aligned to the valves.

The stands bolt directly to the head.

Brodix 3x heads.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well these have a washer set up, 4 for each side

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Look at the bottom of the stands and see if you can see evidence of which ones had a washer.

You’ll probably have to read the directions on how to set the stand height to achieve proper rocker geometry, that’s why the washer is there. T&Ds come with a tool, not sure about those.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
contact Jesel and go from there.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Missing some washers, the washers are used to set the geometry, IE stand height.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Was gonna say,...the washers are used for minor adjustments to rocker geometry .

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Jesel used to supply a plastic part to check stand height and rocker geometry....

The shims or washers would be used as was mentioned to raise the stand if necessary.

I don't recall the sportsman shaft rocker set coming with those pieces but I assume they do.

A call to Jesel would net you the correct answers and they do have setup and install instructions with pictures on their website.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
My Jesel Sportsman rockers for AFR heads came with shims for one side, but I can't remember which. It is easy enough to mock them up and check geometry.

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ran them many years ago, would not recommend them, cheap alternative to full shaft rockers.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post