https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/5207087286

March 21, 2019, 11:02 AM
ski_dwn_it
Whats the best Conventional big block chevy head
quote:
Originally posted by copper head:
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
Helping a buddy put in a 615 Dart Pro 2 380cc motor in a 3000 lb Nova.

I am real curious to see how it runs as I would NOT have built/ordered the motor as he did. I think its going to be slower than he thinks.

My 555 13:1 alcohol motor with first two second of run at -19 degrees has 335cc Dart Pro 1 heads, car weights 3350 and I am 200lbs runs 9.03@153MPH. 2 inch headers. Car still have power everything, stereo, carpets, just a race seat is only internal change other than safety stuff.

I am really curious to see how this motor runs with that big of runners/headers. I think its going to be slower than mine. If he cranks off a 8.6-8.7 I will be impressed. Anything less its a disappointment.

I only look at real world results on the track to determine good, better, or best.

I would like to know what this motor runs, I ran a set of BMF 385 heads on a 565 alky injected motor and that think would fly but it was in a 2400 pound car.

I agree that should have. This combo I'm afraid is not going to be as good. There other big thing is it is pump gas 10.5:1. Still it should do everything mine does with the extra inches. Dyno was 936 at 6800. Again I believe dynos like Democrats.. Lots of big numbers and no results.