DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dart 320 heads????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dart 320 heads????
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Do these heads take a tapered index washer ???? What spark plug you using.

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
They made Dart BB heads that used short reach plugs and they were tapered seat.

I had a 509 with those heads and found out the hard way about what plug to use....

I bought it used from a racer friend and took it home with no plugs in it....and the owner offered to stick a set in there as we left.

When I looked up a Dart head for what plug to use it said 3/4" flat washer plugs...

They hit the pistons....by a lot...

Engine ran normal at home.....out on track NFG!

You can look at the sparkplug hole and tell if it takes a tapered seat just from where the plug seats in the head....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NGK 5673 heat range 9. Yea .460 reach.

Funny story; I call Dart kind of complaining about the 320’s not performing like my GM iron heads. After telling my story to the woman who answered the phone she interrupts and days hang on. A guy gets on and I give my results and he says of course they won’t make as much power as my iron heads unless they get a full port job. He goes on to say he designed that head for a bigger bore than I had, and what he wanted to see done to the port and especially the chamber. I ask him his name : **** Maskin he says and asks me if I have a die grinder. Yea I do but never did anything beyond port match. He says no prob and talks to me for 20 minutes on what to do. I did his mods during the winter so don’t have apples to apples comparison but felt the changes were worth over a tenth in the 1/4.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My dart 320s take a tapered seat plug. As Greg said NGK 5673 I use 7s on alcohol.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post