DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    methanol pricing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

methanol pricing
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
For those of you that live in the southern florida area, and run methanol, what are you paying for a barrel? My vendor here is a little high on their prices and have told me if I can show proof of it, they will drop the price for me. Mark Whitener has already provided me with an invoice of where he gets his, I'm hoping that I can get a few more to show them.....I know it won't drop it much but I'll take anything I can get as I'm doing my conversion soon........

Thanks!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Always love when people ***** about 20 bucks one way or another on a drum of alky! 50k dragster but that drum is to much!! lmao

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DANGERBOY:
Always love when people ***** about 20 bucks one way or another on a drum of alky! 50k dragster but that drum is to much!! lmao

I know right! If you have a dragster you ought to just pay whatever the man says! Wealth redistribution of sorts.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Are you looking at racing methanol or commercial? So far in this area commercial is 150 and racing is 175-185 with a bottle of lube.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
My son just got a drum last week, no lube - $175. Mid-Virginia area.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
mine is commercial from the dist 116.50

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

I know right! If you have a dragster you ought to just pay whatever the man says! Wealth redistribution of sorts.
I sell about 300 drums a year and can't believe people when it changes 10 bucks! just sayin!

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I purchase Fuse Fuels brand from my local distributor 4 miles from the house. $157 a drum to include the tax. Always put a quart bottle of Klotz Uplon in for the ride home.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Methanol is cheap compared to diesel even!

Big rig gets 4.8 to 5.7 miles per gallon...glad alcohol is still reasonably priced. We currently pay $140 to $155 per drum round here with top lube.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

Big rig gets 4.8 to 5.7 miles per gallon...

My sbc get under 1 mpg on methanol. Your big rig is really doing Great ….lol

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

Big rig gets 4.8 to 5.7 miles per gallon...

My sbc get under 1 mpg on methanol. Your big rig is really doing Great ….lol

You beat me too it. Not worthy

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I sell about 300 drums a year and can't believe people when it changes 10 bucks! just sayin!

Agree 20 bucks not big deal.Just wondering why seller doesn't just eat it and let customer have it at lower price?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't see what the op is paying.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here in the Vancouver B.C. area, we are paying $500.00cdn, approximately $375.00usd for race grade. And since the local commercial distributor knows what the competition is, they happily matched it

Posts: 4 | Location: in my house | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I've been given a price of $250 a barrel. I've seen too many people saying they pay $150-200 and I'm hoping to get it in that range. If I end up paying $250 then so be it. But for those of you who are grilling me about the cost of fuel vs the cost of my car, if you could save $50 a barrel, is it worth it to you? It is to me. That's $50 less out of my budget I can use for whatever else. $100 for two and so on. It adds up regardless. Right now I'm paying $19.30 a gallon for gas, so it's not that I'm worried about spending the money. I can get the gas cheaper as well but the cost of driving to get it offsets the lower price, so it's a wash. I'm trying to avoid that with methanol.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Q:
Here in the Vancouver B.C. area, we are paying $500.00cdn, approximately $375.00usd for race grade. And since the local commercial distributor knows what the competition is, they happily matched it

DANG Quigs!!! They are raping my friendly neighbors from the north!! Absolute CRAP!!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would have an issue with that as well. $150 here

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bought a drum with lube for $175 at the track in July.

Posts: 1564 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Q:

There isn't any "race grade" methanol. It's either 99.8% pure or greater or it's not. Methanol is a chemical CH3OH. Anything else isn't methanol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Sunoco. 150.00 with lube, 140.00 without here. Central Tx.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post