DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&R Z Force Delay Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&R Z Force Delay Box
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Corky
posted
Has anyone found a difference in setting the delay with the Z Force? If so, have you found it to necessary to add or subtract delay set up to push the button?

I am used to letting go rather than hitting the button to activate the delay box.

Thanks in advance

Corky

Posts: 338 | Location: Waynesville, Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was slower pushing then when I was letting go.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1988 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
I have found that I myself was quicker using the Z Force so I needed to add delay to the box. I can't remember the number that I needed to add. Good Luck

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Corky,you have a PM.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 69dart
posted Hide Post
So to be clear the way this works is touch the button to set the brake and then touch again to release?

Posts: 27 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
69 Dart,yes.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
can't say about changing myself.I know when I was looking at getting z force I had quite a few tell me they where quicker and more consistent with z force. Like most things I figure its a what works best for you thing,but most who tried it liked from replies I got.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4171 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I like it. I'm quicker and more consistent.
Just have to remember to place your thumb same distance from button..lol
If I rest my thumb on button I am consistent and quick, hold thumb inch or so then I slow down.
I's the same principle as how hard you press the button and release.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
David,

You have a PM.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
David,

You have a PM.

Back at ya.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
quicker and more consistent. If you rest your thumb on the button make sure its not a hare trigger and make your self familiar with the flinch protection in the box. Happy Hunting

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the K&R with 3 timers and Z Force but haven't used it in competition yet.

Posts: 1 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post