DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2019/2020 Ram Diesel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019/2020 Ram Diesel
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Is anyone on this board driving the Cummins 1000 ft-lb Ram? If so, any feedback?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1826 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a’19 3500 dually with the HO motor. So far it’s a pulling beast. Picked it up last July and only pulling a 28’ tag weighing about 7300lbs. Have plans for 48’ gn with living quarters. The HO motor is quiet and plenty of power. The Aisin transmission has been great. I’m not complaining about it, but in tow/Haul mode it does have a very pronounced down shift when stopping. Zero issues so far at 10,000 miles. That’s my.02

Posts: 8 | Location: Kokomo, IN. | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My 07 Ram does the same thing in Tow/Haul mode.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
I don't have an opinion to give as I do not have this truck. But I can give some advice on the diesel engines in supposedly ALL manufacturers.... be prepared to upgrade your fuel pump and fuel system in these things. Supposedly the fuel pumps being used are not really designed to use the USA;s low sulpher diesel fuel and are eating themselves up and pushing metal pieces through the fuel system causing havoc. The dealers will not warranty the failures and will only repair the system out of your pocket. Not a cheap fix either, somewhere around $3500 from what I hear.

That's what a guy I work with told me as he has a 2015 Dodge with a Cummins engine.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 307 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Wild West 2:
I don't have an opinion to give as I do not have this truck. But I can give some advice on the diesel engines in supposedly ALL manufacturers.... be prepared to upgrade your fuel pump and fuel system in these things. Supposedly the fuel pumps being used are not really designed to use the USA;s low sulpher diesel fuel and are eating themselves up and pushing metal pieces through the fuel system causing havoc. The dealers will not warranty the failures and will only repair the system out of your pocket. Not a cheap fix either, somewhere around $3500 from what I hear.

That's what a guy I work with told me as he has a 2015 Dodge with a Cummins engine.

ULSD has been out for over 15 years in the USA so there's a good possibility that Bosch has figured out how to build a high pressure fuel pump by now. The only thing I do is change filters regularly and keep record of it.

The CP4 pump had some infant mortality but that was a few years ago and it's NOT on the Cummins.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick!,

Posts: 81 | Location: behind this screen | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick!:

ULSD has been out for over 15 years so there's a good possibility that Bosch has figured out how to build a high pressure fuel pump by now. The only thing I do is change filters regularly and keep record of it.

The CP4 pump had some infant mortality but that was a few years ago and it's NOT on the Cummins.

Bosch has been dealing with ULSD since 1993 when it was introduced in Europe.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post