DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Alternator needs Rebuild ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternator needs Rebuild ??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Alternator off dragster needs a rebuild, Who is good to do the job ??? Thanks jjj

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
If you have a local starter/alternator shop they should be able to do it. What type of alternator is it?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
House of Payne or East Coast Auto Electric

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Eman one wire. Thank you 1320racer

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
We have builder here, he does them all. If he is too busy i just order a new one from DB Electrical
Free freight too. He is my wholesaler for the truck alternators and starters.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
House of Payne. Mark Payne is the best in the business.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have one of the expensive brands named here and when it failed I took it to a local Starter / Alternator shop. I asked them what was wrong with it and what was different than stock. Forget what was wrong with it but he took it apart and showed me they were all factory parts nothing special.

The parts that do fail in there are relatively cheap to replace.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3976 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
House of Payne. Mark Payne is the best in the business.

X5

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post