New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elite Chassis
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who is building the Elite Chassis? Is Elite Chassis owned by Billy Torrance? I am interested in one of their cars. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Thanks

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I will be at some point. Elite is Bill Frederick and Larry Strickland

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
$$$$$$$$$

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info 1320.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed, I thought you were set on Miller?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Bill and Larry are good people, their shop is about 15 miles from mine...….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My son was because he sees a lot of Millers now and because he didn’t like most of the cosmetic changes Elite made but I wasn't because my car works so good. Also Elite will build what ever I want which is an exact duplicate of my car. He has also changed his mind after sitting in a Miller and seeing Travis Laster’s car this weekend which has none of the elite cosmetic changes.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Elite is NOT owned by Torrance. They have their own gig going.

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1320racer:
My son was because he sees a lot of Millers now and because he didn’t like most of the cosmetic changes Elite made but I wasn't because my car works so good. Also Elite will build what ever I want which is an exact duplicate of my car. He has also changed his mind after sitting in a Miller and seeing Travis Laster’s car this weekend which has none of the elite cosmetic changes.[/QUOTE The Miller I sat in you had to bend forward to much to get out of the dang thing to miss the roll cage...but I got some wide shoulders..

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Elite is NOT owned by Torrance. They have their own gig going.
You know if Torrence will build just the frame an sell it...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you want a real Undercover car, you have the guy that built them at Undercover and the guy with an original jig build it, Bill Frederick aka Elite Chassis.

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Elite did some chassis repairs for me a while back. Then modified some control arms and finish welded a set of headers I had cut and tacked together. They're good guys.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
When I was having wheelie problems with my Spitzer they suggested changing the engine angle, after they did that the car worked better that it ever did, no more wheelies even with the 50+ lbs in the nose that I had in there removed, 60's improved and car was more consistent.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
When I was having wheelie problems with my Spitzer they suggested changing the engine angle, after they did that the car worked better that it ever did, no more wheelies even with the 50+ lbs in the nose that I had in there removed, 60's improved and car was more consistent.

Did they increase or decrease the engine angle?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2510 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Went from 1.5° up to level...….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2510 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Just one area ole KURT was smart on...

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I will be at some point. Elite is Bill Frederick and Larry Strickland

Ed are you saying you might own Elite at some point or you are going to have them build you a car?

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure he meant that he would have them build him a car in the future.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Cashflow...KNOWS Wink