New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elite Chassis
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That suspension flat out works. I’ve made zero adjustments to it from running 4.60s/7.30s at 1960 - 2005 lbs. with a tall deck steel block, running the same ET at 1830 - 1875 lbs. with a short deck aluminum block and now running 4.40s/6.90s at 1875 lbs. with a filled tall deck aluminum block.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The input shaft it takes to go 4.30 - 4.40 n/a 4 link dragster, directly represents the difficulty.

The bigger the input shaft, the smaller the window.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The input shaft it takes to go 4.30 - 4.40 n/a 4 link dragster, directly represents the difficulty.

WTF you talking about...your seriously off topic faggut

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy years ago use a bilge pump and pvc tube under steering column and electric panel to create airflow to cool himself

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That suspension flat out works. I’ve made zero adjustments to it from running 4.60s/7.30s at 1960 - 2005 lbs. with a tall deck steel block, running the same ET at 1830 - 1875 lbs. with a short deck aluminum block and now running 4.40s/6.90s at 1875 lbs. with a filled tall deck aluminum block.

That suspension works pretty damn good going 6.0x at 235 MPH in a blown TD too

Posts: 2401 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

WTF you talking about...your seriously off topic faggut

LOL. I couldn't help laughing at that!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6356 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
Still has the best looking nose on any dragster. Lots of decent looking cars out there with some pretty ugly noses. Kurt has always had the best looking cars in my opinion. I might just sell the one I recently bought and completely rebuilt to get one of these. My wife will love that.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Agreed

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by "The Bender".
I had wheelie issues with my Spitzer no matter how much weight I put in the nose I just couldn't seem to keep the front end down. So they changed the engine angle a few degrees and no more wheelies,[QUOTE]

moving the engine forward 1-1/2" helped a bunch too I'm sure ....It made a huge difference on ours as well ...

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by "The Bender".
I had wheelie issues with my Spitzer no matter how much weight I put in the nose I just couldn't seem to keep the front end down. So they changed the engine angle a few degrees and no more wheelies,[QUOTE]

moving the engine forward 1-1/2" helped a bunch too I'm sure ....It made a huge difference on ours as well ...

Interestingly after moving the engine forward and then removing all the weight I had in the nose, the front end was actually a few pounds lighter. That proves the engine angle had more effect that the weight.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
[QUOTE]

Interestingly after moving the engine forward and then removing all the weight I had in the nose, the front end was actually a few pounds lighter. That proves the engine angle had more effect that the weight.....

most definately , after following your advice , we moved our engine forward 1 1/2" and dropped the front of the engine 1.5 degrees and it made our wheelstander into a whole new car ..

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]

most definately , after following your advice , we moved our engine forward 1 1/2" and dropped the front of the engine 1.5 degrees and it made our wheelstander into a whole new car ..

Yup, it was a whole different animal, no more wheelies, lighter, quicker and more consistent.

I believe Spitzer has changed the engine angle on their new cars now. Gotta remember when mine was built, 6.50's was the norm, everyone is much quicker now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Goes to show you that spitzer doesn’t/didn’t know but Undercover did and that’s just another reason why their cars were/are the best.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Goes to show you that spitzer doesn’t/didn’t know but Undercover did and that’s just another reason why their cars were/are the best.

Undercover angle is down 1.5°?

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Like I stated, my car was built in 08 when TD's were much slower, it won many races, divisional and national and the Jeg's All-stars when James Monroe had it. I was pushing it way past what it was designed for. After updating it, it was very happy. Yes Elite did the changes, I'm sure if I had taken it to Spitzer, they would have done the same. Elite is 20 miles from me, Spitzer about a 1,000........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m not so sure they would based on friends that have had spitzer cars and be honest, your issue was discussed with spitzer, probably several times and their instruction failed before Elite fix it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I'm not slamming Elite in any way, they had the knowledge to fix it. But so does/did Spitzer, the choice was to get it done locally, kinda makes sense, huh.

If I were to start from scratch again, Spitzer, Elite, Racetech and many others would be on my list..............

BTW, the person at Spitzer that most talk to IS NOT who you need to talk to for customer service. I was told that long ago........not sure if he is still even there.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I haven’t heard much good about spitzer in over a decade and that might just be why they are not the dominate chassis in TD

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
They still build a great car, but customer relations have suffered in recent years.

Have a friend with a new (last year) Spitzer TD that runs PDRA, he is running ET's very similar to what I was (even slightly quicker) and the car has been flawless.

Most running TD, especially on the NHRA side prefer a suspended chassis..........not Spitzers strong suit.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most running TD, especially on the NHRA side prefer a suspended chassis..........not Spitzers strong suit.

Agreed