Bracket Talk
Elite Chassis

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/5147079396

July 30, 2020, 06:57 PM
67TSCHEVY2
Elite Chassis
I am not certain what is done midplate wise but I have seen the jackplates on comp cars for a long time .
July 30, 2020, 09:45 PM
Curly1
On my Hardtail FED I changed the engine angle from 2.7* down to .5 down to get it to hook better and it worked. With engine and center of gravity down low it was wanting to "drive over the tire'. After I moved the motor up it the balance is very good now and car works much better. I use a small amount of weight on the nose to fine tune the launch which simply did not work before. Still experimenting but I think I can do with out the wheelie bar now.
The thing is we are all trying to get all of the weight on the back tires at the hit with out huge wheelies. Changing engine angle is one of the tricks you can use. I still working on a few things but it is getting close.
My new Altered was a Comp eliminator car and it has the motor way low and much further than most other similar cars. But it is a four link so there is more flexibility there. They did it like that to hit it with big power on National event prepped tracks with minimal wheelies.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
July 31, 2020, 06:11 AM
"The Bender"
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
On my Hardtail FED I changed the engine angle from 2.7* down to .5 down to get it to hook better and it worked. With engine and center of gravity down low it was wanting to "drive over the tire'. After I moved the motor up it the balance is very good now and car works much better. I use a small amount of weight on the nose to fine tune the launch which simply did not work before. Still experimenting but I think I can do with out the wheelie bar now.
The thing is we are all trying to get all of the weight on the back tires at the hit with out huge wheelies. Changing engine angle is one of the tricks you can use. I still working on a few things but it is getting close.
My new Altered was a Comp eliminator car and it has the motor way low and much further than most other similar cars. But it is a four link so there is more flexibility there. They did it like that to hit it with big power on National event prepped tracks with minimal wheelies.

Going up with the engine angle definitely will give you more hook.

Just look at the old fuel altereds the engine angle was waaay up.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
July 31, 2020, 01:05 PM
MOPDRAGSTER
No change to midplate. We loosened the bolts when we had to move stuff but not sure you would have too. There is enough slop in stuff to pivot.
August 09, 2020, 06:23 AM
1320racer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyITuWXqTEg
August 17, 2020, 05:06 AM
1320racer
https://www.nhra.com/news/2020...ove-sportsman-racing
August 18, 2020, 08:38 AM
seabass
quote:

That’s interesting

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
August 18, 2020, 08:52 AM
1320racer
I'll be checking it out at Indy
August 18, 2020, 09:18 AM
Bucky
Just moving the weight.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
January 20, 2022, 06:09 PM
1320racer
bringing this back to the top to showcase my good friend's new 245" dual shock, swing arm Elite Chassis dragster built by Bill Frederick who built, plumbed, wired the cars at Undercover for over 25 years and Larry Strickland who also worked at Undercover for a time, using the original Undercover jig...

Will be on track in April and will compete in big $ bracket races and Super Comp

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,
January 20, 2022, 06:41 PM
jenavet
give us more detail ed...you know ive been going in that direction and just disgusted with lack of communication and enthusiasm from anyone building dragsters right now.
January 20, 2022, 06:42 PM
1320racer
what do you want to know Mike?
January 20, 2022, 11:02 PM
Big Steve
Nice
January 21, 2022, 05:58 AM
T. Denton
Any idea what that powder coat color/code is on that chassis?
January 21, 2022, 06:21 AM
"The Bender"
Looks good ED.

Elite knows their stuff. I had wheelie issues with my Spitzer no matter how much weight I put in the nose I just couldn't seem to keep the front end down. So they changed the engine angle a few degrees and no more wheelies, I was able to take all the weight (55lbs) out of the nose and leave more aggressively and it would carry the wheels 2-3 inches, the car was also more consistent. They also built me a new wheelie bar to replace the very tired one after being abused by all the wheelies. As it turned out I could have left it off, but I know better than that.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
January 21, 2022, 10:35 AM
Top355x
What do the vent hoses on dash board hook to like a bilge pump
January 21, 2022, 10:57 AM
SCDIV1
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
What do the vent hoses on dash board hook to like a bilge pump

Looks like some hoses run forward to something by an air compressor......maybe a fan ?

Tough to make out from the pictures

Undercovers are nice and always have been
January 21, 2022, 11:12 AM
1320racer
Fans. The car owner 1st designed this same system for his last junior which only had 1 blower. They supplied the parts, Half Scale tabbed the chassis and installed it as did Elite now for this car.
January 21, 2022, 11:40 AM
1320racer
Powder coat is from Prismic Powders, Kingsport Grey #PMB5027/metalic
January 21, 2022, 01:59 PM
Bucky
That's a very compact suspension design.
Two of the biggest things I look for outside of how well a car works, is how much easier the car can make race day....and how easy the car is to work on.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo