DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2015 Duramax DPF Will Not Regen - DTC P2463
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 Duramax DPF Will Not Regen - DTC P2463
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Frosty Intake
posted Hide Post
To bring up an old thread: 2015 Duramax...replaced indirect injector, but during manual regen using Snap-On scanner, it quits with a "service stabilitrak" message and scanner displays"speed input" error...truck is in park and is about 1/2 way through its manual regen. All systems working, truck not moving
Any ideas gang?

W.C.P.B.R.A. (West Coast Professional Bench Racers Association)

Posts: 2308 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
This should show the warranty here as i understand it.. I texted a friend in Florida with Chevy. Waiting to hear back from him.

https://my.chevrolet.com/home/?sso=false

Sam’s correct , it’s emission related and under warranty. Find a dealer who will work with you. Some just don’t care.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Frosty Intake
posted Hide Post
UPDATE on manual regen:
connected to Snap=On scantool...performed steering angle calibration and checked the steering angle sensor (TSB related to connector movement). performed TSB repair, and re-calibrated SAS. I was then able to perform manual regen and clear all codes. shipped vehicle to customer and after 500 miles, it was performing regen as designed.
repair = new indirect injector, manual regen, oil change and exhaust fluid quality relearn.

W.C.P.B.R.A. (West Coast Professional Bench Racers Association)

Posts: 2308 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
I have read Dealers can induce a manual / Service Regen, but my local Stealer wants $100 to walk in the door with a Check Engine or Malfunction Indicator on.

Most dealers only charge a separate diagnostic fee if you have them see what's wrong but then refuse the repair, otherwise they would spend thousands on equipment & labor to diagnose cars for free so people could fix them themselves or bring them to a local garage to fix. You really can't expect them to spend an hour writing up a repair order, bringing your car in the shop, hooking it up to a machine they may have spent $25,000 for and writing up their findings only to make $0.00. I have worked in dealership parts departments for 25 years and worked with many people who have been in this industry a lot longer than me... I'm not sure what the dude in 1978 was smoking & I hate to ruin your nostalgic memories of the good old days but I can tell you that Parts & Service is generally 40-60% of a dealerships revenue and always has been. If you don't believe me, then show me a dealership where the parts & service department isn't roughly twice the size of the showroom!

Exactly

I've been in service for over 30 years, well since I was a kid sweeping floors. I can remember maybe 5 or 6 years when the service dept wasn't profitable. It has to be. If not the dealer can't stay afloat. And it's even more important now than it was being that vehicles in general are much more complicated (and thus expensive). This brings me to point #2. I can kind of foresee a trend. I am willing to guess that traditional salespeople as we know them are slowly going to disappear. I also believe that sales departments, finance departments, are both going to be merged, which pares back on the number of employed. Then I bet that a lot of sales-related stuff is going to be done online, leaving the dealership as mostly a service center. If that's the case, it could be great for us grease monkeys, not so much for the salespeople.

Posts: 105 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post