Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Leatt MRX Recertification??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leatt MRX Recertification??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted
I have called Leatt and they don't recertify the MRX because they don't sell it anymore. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I called them. The told me to have a third party recert the neck restraint. Has anyone ever heard of that before?

What a crock. So I guess anyone that bought one of these, when the cert is done, you will have to purchase another one. Anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 125 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you're talking about either.

Posts: 8547 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
The MRX is a hans device manufactured by Leatt. All hans type devices are SFI'ed for 5 years. Bought mine in 2012 and wanted to get a re-cert on it but I guess now myself and all the other people that purchased one are out of luck and have to buy a new device from another manufacturer.

Posts: 125 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Sorry.
What is a Leatt MRX, I see that it is a neck restraint but who the heck are they?
Never heard of them.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 675 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
OK.
Googled them and found them.
Looks like they are made for UTV, off-road racing and Moto X stuff.
I'm sure those sanctioning bodies do NOT have the recerts like we do so that probably is why they don't know anything about it.

And I agree, you will probably have to buy another one.

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 675 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
The MRX was a design for car racing. It is a low profile restraint and worked very well... Too bad, it looks like a good idea is hosed...

https://www.leatt.com/shop/mrx-pro.html/

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that but it looks like they are made more for "off-road" and "rally" racing. I'm sure they don't have the recent requirement we do, similar to our seat belt rule I'm sure.

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Oh well, I'm guessing you saved a few bucks. We call that paying for education.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 269 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I called LEATT today and they are setting up a re cert program within a month or sooner.I was told the info would be on their website.

Posts: 55 | Location: maine usa | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post