DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    jegs branded cyl heads question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jegs branded cyl heads question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
jegs branded cyl heads for sbc, are these profiler head brand? That is the word on the street. thanks

Posts: 22 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
If your asking about the speedmaster heads at Jegs, they look more like Procomps.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com...ight-Plug,46020.html
Did a bit more digging and found the Jegs branded head and yes it looks like the Profiler casting on the outside.
Take a look here and study the specs on them and draw your own conclusion.
https://www.profilerperformanc...23-degree-heads.html

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pro comp=Chinese junk!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Been told by Speir racing heads that they were.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What did JEGS say when you called them about it?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had an older set of the 220 jegs heads that were made by canfield. they ran well until a intake valve seat came out. That made a mess.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Check with Tim McAmis! I believe he knows!

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Say what you want but if your on a budget they will work just fine, these heads are sold under a few different names , I bought two sets off COM.PRODUCTS set up for flat tappet 600 lift , the ones I used were like 205 intake runners 64cc chambers angle plug ,like 800 bucks to my door used them on a 377 sbc and a 383 sbc and are doing fine pushing a 74 Nova to 6.70 ets

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
anything branded JEGs is chinese junk

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
https://www.profilerperformance.com/
If they are Profiler they are American made.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
just so you know, Speedmaster is the old PRO COMP.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
Jeg's branded SBC heads are Pro-Filer

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post