DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best quarter panel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best quarter panel?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Figured I’d throw this out there. Who makes the “best” quarter panel for a 68 camaro? Would love to go OEM but not paying 2000+ for a panel. Thanks guys

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Hit or miss really, sadly it's all rebranded/reboxed Chinese crap.
I've recently had some pretty good luck getting my sheetmetal from Summit racing. Luck I'm sure but I'll take it.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will look into what they have, any brands to totally avoid?

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will look into what they have, any brands to totally avoid?

Not really, it's all the same shyt. I've bought Goodmark that came in a Gookmark box that had a Goodmark sticker over a Golden Legion sticker Roll Eyes

I just bought a Nova fender from Summit that was an OER part I believe, it doesn't have a single label or sticker on it but actually fits very well and is straight. Luck of the draw ........

Good idea to have it shipped to your job or home when you are there, always good to check the part for shipping damages. I've received parts that were trashed and once you sign for it, it's yours.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you google this it comes up with answers was a very informative video of a gentleman that rated the difference panels and explained why some were better than others and showed where the problems were with the different fit ups

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AMD are really good quality and fit.

http://www.autometaldirect.com...ls-c-23_145_156.html

Posts: 910 | Location: The problem with your gene pool is that there's no lifeguard... | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just put AMD full quarters and taillight panel on my Nova. Got everything from Summit and it all fit pretty well. I had to get a friend who does it for a living to give me some tips and his advice helped tremendously. (Not a body man, never hung quarters before.

The packaging kept them very well protected and had no damage when I opened them.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not reflect the views or opinions of any entity other than myself.

72 Nova 370 ci (Stealth Black)

Posts: 394 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
AMD is one of the better ones today.

Posts: 123 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
AMD is one of the better ones today.

A year ago I would have posted the same thing, not so sure that applies today.

I recently put two full quarter panels, brand new complete doors and new fenders on my 68 Firebird and the gaps and contours are totally horrendous !!! Took twice as much time to slice and dice than to install them. All AMD panels in AMD boxes, fit like shyt ...........

Yes, I've also had some AMD pieces fit well but It's all luck of the draw

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure how quick you it them but when I bought my Barracuda windshield off AMD at Carlisle this year they gave me 10% off because I was on a Mopar internet forum. Saved shipping obviously as well.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post