Notify
Tools

grid?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Does grid ave a way to set launch rpm?

I have a program on the computer for the A/fuel car and looked thru it but did not find any setting. I did find out you can sedt a pedal time in case you have to pedal that will keep it from resetting timing. Question about that too. does it require a micro switch at the throttle? Don't see how it would work other wise but hell there is tons about grid I don't know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
To the question about Micro switch I believe it is set to activate from transbrake release. In Nostalgia racing we are not allowed to use it so I have not paid much attention to it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can set a launch rpm. You just need a 12v signal connected to the dark blue wire and that will cause it to use the launch limiter. For a clutch car, the clutch switch can be used....for an auto car, I use the signal from my trans brake......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That saves buying another piece,just added cost, added wiring, an added piece that can go bad, and added weight.That's a lot of not added for a simple wiring connection.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Mazybe something I am missing.maybe how I asked question or both.

Where in the program can a launch control be set w/o the addition of a module.

Everything I am finding shows adding a launch controller. I may have to but was hoping to be able to is just with the grid. Like stated new to using the grid and trying to get the maximum use of it.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
You can download the instructions on it from msd, and here is another resource to use as well:

https://documents.holley.com/power_grid_13.pdf

You do not need a launch controller with the grid....it can do it all pretty much....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Think I found the problem.Wrong program and how stated.Launch rpm is what I am looking for not launch retard. The program I am looking at is the one for TA/D I working on and it is not the same as 7730. A/fuel does not need a launch control is is just don't touch throttle till ready to haul.

Guess I have to download a different msd program separately for the bracket deal. Hopefully, w/o screwing up other. If don't screw one up it will be abnormal for my computer level.LMAO