DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cylinder head tubes ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cylinder head tubes ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
Cylinder head bolt holes that have broken into the intake port due to porting or CNC.
Any pros and cons about inserting a brass tube into the head bolt hole to prevent vacuum leaks or oil into the port.
I have installed the tubes in the past, but wonder if it is really necessary in a NA application.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce Williams,

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
not an expert but suggestion is go ahead and do it.have seen them pull oil.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty.
Depending on how well the head bolt washer seals against the head would determine if oil can seep past and port vacuum suck it into the engine.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
bruce i am sure some run without the tubes ,i have also.you just have a lot better chance with tubes.good luck

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I thought I read a post at one time from Chad Speier where he said that he usually doesn't use them and it isn't a problem.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post