New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water pumps
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Has anyone run The speed master bbc electric water pump from Jegs.If so is any good.

Posts: 17 | Location: usa | Registered: May 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
chinese junk

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Support our country! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

Posts: 8066 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13520 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^This

Posts: 1020 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Meziere X2.

This is a very important item that helps keep your expensive race engine alive, it is not the place where saving a few dollars makes any sense.

Bob

Posts: 2128 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not worth the savings to have it fail on the street or at the track.

Like the others suggest, buy Meziere

Posts: 484 | Location: Gator Nation | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Water pump? I don't need no stinkin' water pump Cool

But if I did, it would be a Meziere

272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.73@195
Less Boost Than You Think

www.ftiperformance.com

Posts: 1796 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Meziere is a premium, first line products company. I have one Meziere water pump that has been in service on a drag race SBC for 17 years! Plus several other builds where the pump has been in service for many seasons. All have been completely trouble free.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1343 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
After my car pump failed again,blowing fuses I went back to a Napa reman stock type pump with a morso drive I had laying around. At least now I can see if it's running or not befor my temp gauge takes off.

Posts: 89 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I here you Wooley.

Posts: 17 | Location: usa | Registered: May 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not impressed with the Maziere junk. Mine failed and was not salvageable. Maziere wanted more to repair it than I could buy a new one for.

On my dragster I am going to try something different and I think it will be much better.
I bought a BMW electric water pump. It was around $160 delivered and is designed to last a hundred thousand miles or more with water temps over 200-220*.
scAAOSwaeRZN4pz&vxp=mtr" target="_blank">http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiu...AOSwaeRZN4pz&vxp=mtr
The only issue is I had to weld the AN fittings on there and will have to find the four wire plug for it. The BMW pump is a variable speed pump and from what I can tell moves much more water on high than most other electric pumps.
It also has a nice vibration mount, is light weight and I think should work well.

Posts: 1160 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I only use the best race water pump that ebay has to offer. 5 years and still going strong!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-...Chrome-/301867604736

Posts: 476 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
After my car pump failed again,blowing fuses I went back to a Napa reman stock type pump with a morso drive I had laying around. At least now I can see if it's running or not befor my temp gauge takes off.

Amen to that. Not the flashiest, but in a pinch most any parts house will have (in my case) a BBC long water pump that will work.
Keep a spare belt and motor, and I'm good to go.
Current Moroso water pump drive setup has been on my car 4+ years now without a hiccup. Not the sexiest, but it's inexpensive and flat out works.

Posts: 60 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
I ran a moroso pump drive on my Chevelle for 15 years.

That said, the Meziere water pump on my 522 in my Firebird has been in service since late 2008, 8 seasons/years without issue, same as the Meziere water pump on my 615 in my dragster, in service since 2015, 3 years/seasons.

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 8066 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mine lasted two races.....

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
You bought the Chinese knock off Neziere Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wished I had....

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
so the rest of your story is you sent it back, they fixed it and you lived happily ever after.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sherwood Aqua Tiger was on my roadster for 14 years, then the dragster for three more. Still in the trailer for a spare and this Dedenbear has been on since 07.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 4535 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I ran a moroso pump drive on my Chevelle for 15 years.

That said, the Meziere water pump on my 522 in my Firebird has been in service since late 2008, 8 seasons/years without issue, same as the Meziere water pump on my 615 in my dragster, in service since 2015, 3 years/seasons.

Same with me on both cases...had good luck with the Moroso and a belt...went to a CSR which is junk....now Meziere with no issues for years.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R3355 80 Arrow

Posts: 675 | Location: Allison Park PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post