DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electrical gremlins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electrical gremlins
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Good evening. I have a 1998 Chevy 3500HD quad cab. Been having issues for a while with the power door locks randomly locking or unlocking on their own. Sometimes a dozen or more times in a minute or so timeframe. Might not do it for hours, then might start and continue for hours. I've replaced the driver side switch and still happens. Checked the wiring in the doors and it appears fine. Unfortunately the fuse panel access doesn't have any labeling for what fuse is what, so I haven't messed around in there yet I haven't spent much time yet troubleshooting, will be doing that tomorrow I hope. Anyone have advice on what to look for besides a shorted wire or faulty switch? Thanks.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 102 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would look for corrosion on the connections to the door locks from the cab and also on the ECM module connector.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check each individual door lock actuator you have one going bad

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
bad key fob ?????

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I bought a used Buick in the mid to late 90's and had the same issues along with the instrument cluster flashing on and off as well. After much investigation we discovered the car was actually completely submerged in a flood. For some reason that information wasn't passed along to me at the car lot.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I have CRS but I do have the factory manual for that truck with wiring diagrams. I think there is a separate module for the remote locks which might be the problem. It doesn't have any aftermarket alarms or remote start does it?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
The passlock module might could be a issue . Check a wiring schematic and see it the doorlocks are routed thru it .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post