Find
Notify
Tools

USA made Helmet
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted
Other than Impact, any USA made helmets?

Thanks

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Some Simpson models like the diamond back.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Some Simpson models like the diamond back.

Do you prefer an open or full in a door car? Just curious..

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Haven’t own an open face helmet since the late 90s

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong because it’s been years since I was a tech inspector or even had a current rule book, but I remember something along the lines of if your door car runs in the nines a full face helmet was required.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have a Simpson Speedway Shark, its made in the USA and had a large eye port.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Does where it's made make it better?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, don’t what no Chinese junk on my head

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
American companies hiring chinese people instead of American people to produce the same product, with higher profit margins.

Ross Perot was right.

More Truth to despise for Americans / (the woke people) who can't handle the Truth.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

I can't believe that is a real question. Frown

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Where are NASCAR Cup and Formula 1 helmets made? Where are Sparco driving suits made? Those series actually have requirements beyond a sticker on the back.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

I can't believe that is a real question. Frown

How do you think the United States American companies hiring chinese workers instead of American to manufacture their products, would answer that question?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's all it is, USA American companies hiring mexicans and chinese to manufacture the same products, instead of Americans.

You deserve what you tolerate.

Tolerance is a liberal quality.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't have issues with German or Spain or such, but I do have issues with a China helmet. Some don't, great.. I went out of my way to buy USA made safety equipment.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the Holy Grail of racing helmets from Simpson made in China for a long time? Maybe they still are?
I personally like the fit and finish of Italian helmets.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve been an advocate for purchasing the helmet that fits your head properly. I don’t believe you can do this without trying on various manufactures models.

Mine is same brand and model since 1983 from Japan. The fit has been the exact same for 39 years and the features and refinements have been very noticeable with every new Snell date rating.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just bought a beautiful bell br8 air.I love the fit and look but right on my reciept it says made in bahrain?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My son's latest helmet is a Bell Carbon RS7 with HP7 spoiler, also made in Bahrain and with it's Todd's Extreme paint, might be the most expensive helmet in all of bracket racing. Holy Moly

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's all it is, USA American companies hiring mexicans and chinese to manufacture the same products, instead of Americans.

I can only assume your parents are of mexican and chinese descent? or a mix of both? cus somting went wong when you where built

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The best helment made is made in ITALY……check out STILO….

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post