Find
Notify
Tools

USA made Helmet
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we did, the Bell is better

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
The best helment made is made in ITALY……check out STILO….

I agree....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it a Made in USA safety company that got in trouble for faking SFI tags years back?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I am a fan of my Impact helmets. I got my first one from Transman (man, I miss him), and bought my second one a few years ago.

Eman, it was Impact in 2010 for the tags on their firesuits

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just bought an Impact full face, made in the USA. I love it. I previously had a Bell made in USA. It was an awesome helmet as well.

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Ross Perot was right.

He was spot on.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
If SFI is a real thing, does it matter where it's built other than political preference??? We have always replaced helmets after any impact for the last 50 years. From MX to sprint cars. We don't take a chance on any brand once it's been impacted. We were taught early to find a wrench to throw instead of our head bucket.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
If SFI is a real thing, does it matter where it's built other than political preference??

Seriously???
There is nothing political in believing that American products, produced by American workers, are the best in the world, and are what we should be spending our American $$$$$$ on, NOT cheap knock off trinkets and gadgets produced by SLAVES halfway across the globe.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1621 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I personally like the fit and quality of Italian helmets. Don't think there's much forced labor there.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post