DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Pro Bracket Radial 29.5 x 10.5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro Bracket Radial 29.5 x 10.5
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Has anyone tried these on a light door car? 2680 with driver. Also I know they say not to run rim screws but I have seen some folks using them. Any input would be appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Location: Vinton VA | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
From what I hear never run screws with a radial FWIW, and I would'nt call 2680 a light car.

Posts: 607 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
From what I hear never run screws with a radial FWIW, and I would'nt call 2680 a light car.

I run rim screws on my radials w/no problem and op's car 1s 1,000 lbs lighter than mine FWIW.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thought the rims screws pushed the bead away from wheel..per MT

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A friend bolted a set of bracket radials on a low 5.60 sbc doorslammer and now has a middle to low 5.50 doorslammer. He claims they're better than bias, consistently. Although it's cool in Florida this time of year keep in mind. He likes em though, claims they're fast.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
No screws they work fine on a well prepped track. If they spin it's over. Should see an improvement in et and mph.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My old man has them on a back half 70 nova. Fiberglass doors and front end with le an everywhere. Fairly certain he said it’s 2600 lbs. he claims it tries to walk around sometime at the finish line but i don’t think he’s running enough air in it. My buddy has some on his 3200 lb molar and he loves them. No screws in either car

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We glue 275 radials on this one, no beadlocks. Been 5 teens at only 131 mph with a run of the mill 23 degree bracket race caliber 427 sbc 700 lift cam @ 2950 lbs, plate system. Runs pretty decent for the first 100 - 150 feet, glue works fine.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What glue?

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rubber gloves and up to you, a paper painters mask. Brake clean both surfaces, brush on and let setup before setting the bead. Tire won't budge on the bead.

Clean off excess with thinner

<DOTracer>
posted
I used the 10.5 x 29.5 PBR all this season. Pretty good tire, no real complaints.

When my car ran Ultra, on the 275 Pro/10" wheel, car ran 5.0's with a 1.12 60' at 3025 lbs. No screw, no beadlocks, no GLUE. Just make sure the wheel and tire are clean and install DRY, no tire mount lube.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I use hairspray on the beads after cleaning rim and bead with acetone to stop a slick from rotating.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I tried the hair spray, seems to work pretty good. Tires moved about 1/2" in the first two passes then stayed put.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Anyone run this tire on a 12" wide rim ???

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Anyone run this tire on a 12" wide rim ???

Yes.

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:Originally posted by HS professor:Anyone run this tire on a 12" wide rim ???

Yes.

How do they work/look ??? I'm assuming on your beadlock wheels ?? I'm usually not a big fan of the flat sidewall look, but I have to buy wheels and don't want to limit my tire choices. A 29.5 PBR would be my smallest tire consideration so buying a 10" rim doesn't make much sense.

<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:
quote:Originally posted by HS professor:Anyone run this tire on a 12" wide rim ???

Yes.

How do they work/look ??? I'm assuming on your beadlock wheels ?? I'm usually not a big fan of the flat sidewall look, but I have to buy wheels and don't want to limit my tire choices. A 29.5 PBR would be my smallest tire consideration so buying a 10" rim doesn't make much sense.

They work well. My car us detuned to run a class called 8.50 index, car will typically 60' anywhere from 1.17 to 1.20 depending on the tuneup, but would 60' quicker if I opened the plate.

No complaints, works equally as well as the 315 Pro I ran prior to the PBR.

Here's a couple pics of varying angles, etc.

That said, Hoosier is coming out with a 10.5 x 29.5 Drag Bracket Radial with a softer sidewall than the M/T. I'm interested in trying the Hoosier to see how it compares. The class I run doesn't get sticky radial prep so I've had to set the car up to get down what I would call a marginal prep starting line. Has worked pretty well this season, but have spun a couple times when the start line went away or had big enough bald spots to where it was hard to move the car over out of the bare concrete.