DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dogs are gonna freeze.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dogs are gonna freeze.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
Please don;t forget to bring your pets in. My german shepherd s want in as soon as it was below 50. Ate and went to sleep.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
My Doberman wants out, it is 10 degrees outside and he wants to go out and play. I am out in the Country on 200 acres and we have Coyotes and at least one large Mountain lion so he does not go out with out a leash. Will be fencing in a backyard for him soon already bought most of the materials but I am not doing it in 10* weather.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My old couch potato Jack Russel wont hardly go out to pee in -13 here in Iowa-lol so he is safe yes bring in your pets in cold weather

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I live in the land of abused pets, plenty are tied out with no shelter. It's sad how people treat animals.

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Minus 7 with constant -37 below wind. Could not get the back slider open for him.. Finally got out and right back in. He ain't no fool either. 4 gas stations here closed. Appears pump problems.

Warmer in Iceland. A balmy 7 above.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
It's sad how people treat animals.

who da fuc keeps their dog outside in 2022 besides Footloose? Somebody call animal welfare.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

who da fuc keeps their dog outside in 2022 besides Footloose? Somebody call animal welfare.

Exactly. Why have a dog?

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
They will end playing ball about 5.30 then back to the the bedroom laying down on the carpet and eating again Smile They have 12acres fenced in 6ft, high to run on.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuperPro54:
quote:

Exactly. Why have a dog?

I’ve never understood why people have dogs. Or any pets. But I wasn’t raised with pets either.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by SuperPro54:
quote:

Exactly. Why have a dog?

I’ve never understood why people have dogs. Or any pets. But I wasn’t raised with pets either.

I don’t have a dog but my dog has me. If my smoke or fire alarm which I can’t hear goes off he alerts me. If somebody knock on the front door he alerts me. If he wants out he lets me know and I open the door and let him out, no fence or leash so if he is a free ranging dog if he wants to be but he never leaves the yard without me or my wife. Some people think they own their dog but my dog owns me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: green1,

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
make sure and bring in the livestock too

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes no animal or human should be out in this weather that being said you dont know true love if you never had a dog

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:

Sometimes I wonder myself. Dogs especially Dobermans are intelligent and demand lots of attention. Sometimes it seems like even more than children. I live out in the country so mine gets to go most every where with me. And I am building him a really nice custom house in my shop. The smaller door under the stairs will be his house. I thought it would be good use of otherwise unused space.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
One dog is sleeping on the end of the bed with her toy. Thats an every night thing for her. She does not like the floor. too cold. She is the baby of the bunch. Whatta gonna do Smile

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
My doggie loves to go out and lay in the snow or the cold...she lets me know when she wants in...part husky so it's not a big deal for her...but she's spoiled too....not sure what i'd do without her, but she's getting old....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

People that do it don't have one dog, they always have a few. Shelters here are overrun and the Sheriffs Dept. gets involved with many animal cruelty cases.

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mine come in any time they want. Mostly inside. They did there business this morning and came in 10 minutes later.BURRRR. Smile I last longer then them. Smile

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Who is keeping there dog out Confused

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You didn't catch that!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Who is keeping there dog out Confused

Feels like 30's, I can't get my lab to come inside my shop, or go in the house.

Someone call dog welfare. Smile

She's laying out on the concrete like it's the best weather of the year.

My dachshund is long overdue to take a crap, starts shivering anywhere near the back door LoL!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post