DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hired A Tuner; Holley Sniper XFlow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hired A Tuner; Holley Sniper XFlow
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I know there are a few on here that have the Holley FI systems or want to install one. Let me know what you have & if you tune it yourself.

This is what I got, it's a Holley Sniper XFlow TBI. Good for around 1375hp & has 8 120 lb. injectors. The reason I went this route was for the cooling of the charge temp from the ProCharger; similar to a blow thru carb.

As for the tune, I hired a tuner last week after months of searching. The baseline tune & 3 or 4 data log tunes was $500. It looks like when I'm all said & done. I'll probably have around 1K into the tune. Hopefully I'll learn somethings along the way & be able to do some tuning when done.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2497 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Probably shortened up your learning curve a year or more. Smart move Brian!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think it is, we will find out; proof is in the results!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2497 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks for another thread about your POS BlahBlah , enlightening us that you hired a tuner for your shytbox. Now your one fan and #1 replier to your threads BP758 will sleep better knowing. Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SL's #1 DRR B1tch = ED B.I.G.L.E.Y!

We & the viewers can do as we wish, go to your Daddy & start whining about it. Wink

#1 DRR B1tch = Scared.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So looking forward to your pos engine with junk lifters blowing up and you blaming the builder, the tuner, everyone but the clueless broke dyck, YOU who making the bad decisions. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Typical reply from ol Pigley the pus, shytting on everyone else's stuff and hoping it blows up.

I guess he forgot about when he kicked the rods out of the Fireturd a couple years back at the first race of the year and didn't have the skill or resources to fix it nor apparently the money for a spare engine so the car set parked for six months. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That's where the nickname "Broken Rod Pigley" came from

Power Tool

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The only question that remains is…is this the year after 10 years trying that you make it to 3rd round at your home track running S/C in the LODRS or is it another first round runner up Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The only question that remains is…is this the year after 10 years trying that you make it to 3rd round at your home track running S/C in the LODRS or is it another first round runner up Laughing very hard

At least he still races. More than can be said for you sugar britches. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I know there are a few on here that have the Holley FI systems or want to install one. Let me know what you have & if you tune it yourself.

This is what I got, it's a Holley Sniper XFlow TBI. Good for around 1375hp & has 8 120 lb. injectors. The reason I went this route was for the cooling of the charge temp from the ProCharger; similar to a blow thru carb.

As for the tune, I hired a tuner last week after months of searching. The baseline tune & 3 or 4 data log tunes was $500. It looks like when I'm all said & done. I'll probably have around 1K into the tune. Hopefully I'll learn somethings along the way & be able to do some tuning when done.

That'll work, usually they'll try to hide what they're doing to a degree, some, not all.

Pay close attention.

I think you'll have a bad dude car, when it's all said & done.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SL's #1 B1tch, I'm still waiting for you to follow up on your keyboard dribble? Sucker, you took the bait hook, line & sinker on this thread. You're supposed to be inserting your worthless dribble here. Waiting............. Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am doing some horse trading in the next few weeks and I will have two of those complete systems.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3970 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

That'll work, usually they'll try to hide what they're doing to a degree, some, not all.

Pay close attention.

I think you'll have a bad dude car, when it's all said & done.

Mike,

The tuner & I have a lot in common. I knew he was retired military, like myself. After chatting, we found out we were both Black Hawk Helicopter Crew Chiefs. He was in the Army & I was in the Air Force.

He's been pretty open so far as to let me learn as much as possible & that has been his reputation during the tuning process. There really isn't much to hide, I'm on version #1 on the tune. When I get him the data logs he wants, he reviews them & sends back the next change/version #_. I get to keep & compare all the changes/versions in my files for review. That's where I should be able to learn things on my own.

There's no plan to lean on this car very hard. I hope to have 2 tune-ups for the car. A mid to high 8 sec. for big money racing & a low to mid 9 sec. tune for the local stuff.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The only question that remains is… another first round runner up

Pigley racing sets the bar high at Epping. Pigley Junior out first round in super street. And not even on the losers list for first round of SC. The only questions remain are, is the turd six fiddy broken? And when is Pigley senior going to get back behind the wheel and show us all how to lose first round on a weekly basis? We all know the answer to #2, he will stick to his polishing/crying towel.

Power Tool

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I am doing some horse trading in the next few weeks and I will have two of those complete systems.

Curly,

I missed this post for some reason, what systems & what application/vehicle?

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Haters gonna hate! We ain’t at Epping but don’t let the FACTS and the TRUTH get in the way of a 1st round loss and broken car/engine aka fake news, lies and baseless claims driven by jealously, envy and a hurt ego and only a moron posting on an Internet forum can call a S/C car that has been 189+ on the stop, nearly 195 WOT and that has already won north of $6k this season, a turd. NahNahTounge

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's not a turd, it's a pig 648 BBC getting owned by a little 585 BBC with a Ripper Powerglide. Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Excuses in 3...2...1 Laughing Hard

$10,000 one race M/T tires.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"Must be on the hose" in 3...2...1 Laughing Hard