New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reminder
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Insure your race operation and remove your batteries from golf carts, scooters and cars if possible before traveling. If not practical with the car(s), check that hold downs and trays are secure.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bu3...&utm_source=customer

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Wow sorry to see that. These trailer fires are happening way to often.
Mine is insured plus I have a couple of these Fire ball extinguishers installed in the trailer and hope I never need either one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_0sawCkIk4

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ouch. It's always tough to see pictures like that. Can't imagine how that would feel.

I did have my racecar and rig insured to the hilt. Hopefully everyone will at least consider insurance, if they don't already have it.

From the pictures it appears that this trailer was parked at the time, the others I have seen were in transit, just goes to show it can happen anytime.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Steve:
Mine is insured plus I have a couple of these Fire ball extinguishers installed in the trailer and hope I never need either one.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_0sawCkIk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?

Steve, is that some kind of purple k powder or do you know?

Posts: 22 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67Duece:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Steve:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_0sawCkIk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?

Steve, is that some kind of purple k powder or do you know?

No idea, just figured it was cheap insurance JIC. I have one on the wall over the golf cart and one under the front cabinet where the trailer battery is located. I figured those are the 2 most likely places for a fire to start in my trailer. Like Ed said, batteries/electrical are the leading cause of these fires.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Terrible... I make it a rule of thumb. NO battery will be left inside the trailer whether it is properly secured/disconnected during transport.
That goes with the fuel also.

That goes also for power tool batteries.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Word from the pits is his refrigerator which there was a recall on, was the cause.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Last year a local racers Toterhome caught fire while parked in his shop, the refrigerator was the cause.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
This is horrible news however this is the reason my car, trailer and everything inside is insured for full replacement value. I posted in another thread about the fire hazard with RV type fridge's.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same here Tony

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Anybody running the standard RV refrigerator needs to invest in a product called FRIDGE DEFEND....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tell us more

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Anybody running the standard RV refrigerator needs to invest in a product called FRIDGE DEFEND....

You are right. My friend owns a large RV repair biz and he recommends this if you insist on keeping a RV fridge. There is also another product that he uses that I will ask him about later. He is racing tonight but I am sure he will call me tomorrow when headed home.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Is this the Fridge Defend product you are speaking of?

https://www.arprv.com/

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I tow open but still have my race car, trailer and tow vehicle all insured separately...I don't have much but it is all I have...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Is this the Fridge Defend product you are speaking of?

https://www.arprv.com/

Take care. Tom Worthington
Yes Sir...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
are these fiires from fridges that have not been retrofitted or all

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
are these fiires from fridges that have not been retrofitted or all
Yes residential style are not the problem...

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Yup "NotCold" Norcold has had problems for years and there's a recall / fix solution temp sensor that clips on and kicks off if it gets to hot. Problem being, then it don't cool good enough.

Big time racket. You wont find a repair man that like them.

I was part of a class action lawsuit that got me $1200 from them. I then switched over to a residential with an inverter.

Problem is most people who purchase a used RV are literally left in the cold on these issues. Do your homework.

SL...

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have never met 1320racer but right here is a good example of him getting every one to take a step back and think about the what ifs. I lost a whole racing rig s/c car stolen out of a national event in 1990. Everything gone so I know what it is to start over. His post like this puts a reminder of what could be and suggests a way to cover some losses. It also gets other people to comment on things like the refidgerator heat problem as now it gets me thinking about the one in my pusher. Im going to look in to what Tom396 has posted. In their own ways both Mike Retow and 1320racer bring up and add as well as others too sugestions on here but those two are like the entertainment woffin on each other. 1320racer asked womp womp to tell us more and that expanded this thread more and now I as others know about this Fridge Defend product.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post