DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16 Volt battery charger question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 Volt battery charger question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted
Can you use a turbo start battery charger on a XS battery? Might be a stupid question.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, moroso too

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Ray, unless you have a turbo start laying around buy the Moroso one,can be used on 16 or 12 volt batteries.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I have a turbo start,Thanks guys!!

Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have 2 xs batteries in 2 different cars, one xs charger and an ancient analog turbo start. The turbostart is way better. Ive found the xs charger in excess of 20v more than once

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

Fordyce Motorsports

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion but a maintainer works just as well, doesn't cost a million bucks and keeps my battery charged up just fine. This is the seventh season on my XS battery.

Been working on Pivotdoc's dragster, he was having some issues we just couldn't figure out. The maintainer would never go to maintain sequence. He decided to replace the ultra mini alternator since HOP told him they didn't think it was big enough so he ordered the mini alternator.

Turns out the case on his old alternator was broken and jammed into the windings which shorted it out. Got it replaced (pain in the a-z-z) and lo and behold everything works like normal.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
Turbo start works fine as long as you have a new one or the chip has been changed to regulate the voltage lower. If it is an older unit, the charging voltage is too high for AGM batteries.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post