DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Nitrous Solenoid Maintenance?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nitrous Solenoid Maintenance?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
We are running a 400HP tuneup on a 500HP Nitrous Supply fogger system. I am ramping in from 200HP to 400HP over one second with an Edelbrock Nitrous controller.

How often should I get rebuild kits for the solenoids?

Anyone making kits for these solenoids, besides Nitrous Supply?

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I know of two things that beat the seats up on the NOS solenoids, leaving bottle pressure on long after the run and NOC controllers that pulse the solenoids open and closed to ramp in power. It's easy to check them, just remove the plunger and look at the seats, you will see!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for a call back from Nitrous Supply on repair kits.

It's been 3 years since they were new!

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Long overdue. Just look at it as a necessary maintenance expense.
What gets overlooked beyond leaks is that the plunger wears into the seat over time and reduces the effective orifice area. Less nitrous gets through. This can sneak up on you with wondering why the system seems richer over time.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post