DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Front wheel alignment ? / Door Car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front wheel alignment ? / Door Car
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
again, if you can't drive both ends of the track, ain't no stripe taker going to get you anymore win lights.

Include me in that category Ed. I'm dial'd to hold on the wood till my win light comes on. And it seldom works that way.

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Removable stripe taker at the bumper isn't devious at all, if it's legal.

It's strategic IMO.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't think like normal people though, as everyone I'm sure has noticed. So take it for what it's worth. Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Removable stripe taker at the bumper isn't devious at all, if it's legal.

It's strategic IMO.

Fixed yes, retractable so you can use it during a run no, and if it is I will put one on my car for next week....

Never been legal as far as I know.

Posts: 1564 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Driving both ends of the track is a necessity as we all know. Our stripe taker (80 Camaro) gives us another option at the stripe. We have won some rounds that would have been lost without it. Our set-up allows us to use the front tire or the stripe taker for the finish line. Wink

As for the 68 Camaro we don't run one. Don't see the need for it with the short front-end.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
After considering some suggestions I did this today. I Jacked the front of the car until the rockers were level (1.875”) and set the camber for + .5 and the toe measured 0. At rest the camber is -.75 and toe of 3/16”.

The stock air dam on this 3rd Gen is 7/8” below the front lower fender when measured in the very middle and tapers upwards towards the fenders. I taped a straight line from lower fender to fender and cut the air dam straight across. This gained an additional 7/8” and I now have 8.5 inches from air dam to ground at rest. I’m hoping this should be enough not to trip the finish line beams under hard braking

Here’s a video from late summer 2016 of the car that I found last night. Watch the inside edge of the tire during the run.

Note: The steering heim joints and bolts have been replaced and metal brake line secured after this video was taken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...xl4&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If the rack is too low, it'll tow in on compression.