DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    SR20 Fuel Injected
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SR20 Fuel Injected
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who has run a SR20 engine with alky injection such asa terminator or toilet? I have been wanting to try it out but would like to hear the results of anyone doing it already.

Thanks Henry Jo

Posts: 1 | Location: KY | Registered: December 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pretty good debate over on YB in the drag racing section.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newbie598ci:
Who has run a SR20 engine with alky injection such asa terminator or toilet? I have been wanting to try it out but would like to hear the results of anyone doing it already.

Thanks Henry Jo

Enderle, Rons (by killer Rons), Hilborn. They all work.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It will work and has worked. Don't expect to bolt it on and to pick up 2-4 tenths (1/4 mile) over gasoline like most of the smaller, less fancy cylinder headed engines do though. The larger engines with fancy cylinder heads designed around gasoline do not usually pick up like more "average" combos. Sometimes they pick up some sometimes they don't. Depends on many variables. But, if you are gonna do it then mechanical injection on alcohol will likely give you the best shot at gains compared to most carbs. As you probably already know there are other desirable traits of alcohol like running much cooler in the summer months.

Scott

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 358T,

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would be curious to hear about the combos that worked. Still have yet to see a 20 degree motor run or run well with alky.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Crickets...... Roll Eyes

Posts: 41 | Location: Work | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Newbie 598.

Check the other thread i posted on about my 615 with 20's and the burned piston. Would be happy to chat about it as you won't find many people if any who have done it. Lots of BS info out there. Dave Kohler and Scott from Killer Rons have the right approach and i think they can help you through it but i've got some real world experience on a combo i just put together and would be happy to share. Direct Message me and we can swap numbers.

Posts: 375 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post