DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&R pro cube and t stop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&R pro cube and t stop
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Under carb stop with butter flies set 3/4 closing what numbers do you use for off stop then on. Trying to kill about 5 tenths. 582 in 2350 pound left steer davis roadster. Thinking cube needs updated. 2000 year model

Posts: 33 | Location: Cooper Tx | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Try This

Biondo Tips

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
Lots of variables there
1. what's your ratio?? 2:1 ??
2.How soon do you go in the stop after launch
3 what's your stop RPM
4 do you shift on the stop
You need to determine these then people can help. put 1sec in the stop timer then make a pass, put 2 sec in stop timer and make a pass this will give you your ratio. Most people go on the stop .01 to .02 after launch with a shift as the stop comes on. average Id say 2.5 to 3.0 give or take. Bottom line is your going to need to make some TnT runs to figure it out. Id also invest in a good prediction software (Crew Chief Pro) and a good weather station. Best of luck to you

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Yeager:
Try This

Biondo Tips

This is a great guide.

Since you're only killing about 5 tenths, I think you'd want to shift downtrack on RPM. If you shift on the stop, that will kill most of your 5 tenths and you won't have much room to play with the timer.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I found with my small block s/st car Lennys advice above to be dead on

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just a shout out to Tony. Had a great visit with him in Great Bend. His advice sounds pretty good on this deal also.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Just a shout out to Tony. Had a great visit with him in Great Bend. His advice sounds pretty good on this deal also.

Great to meet you, Vern!

Vern got to watch me make a big mess out of my generator oil change.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post