Find
Notify
Tools

Split dominator
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted
So here’s my crazy idea/question of the day. I have been running a hat on alcohol on a sheet metal tunnel ram for years. I’m ready to go with the carburetor for a lot of reasons. My idea is that I put a 1250 split dominator on this tunnel ram. I could put a 1250 with an adapter onto the tunnel ram, but it seems like the fuel would puddle, and not be distributed properly to the cylinders. Now I could put a single four barrel manifold on it, but I think I would get more power from the tunnel ram. This is on a 600 inch Mopar wedge. I find references on the Internet about people doing this, but not a lot of feedback as to the results. I’m hoping someone has an opinion....

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would sat that your question really comes down to how well the single tee pee type single 4 barrel top was designed for the intake you are going to use. Also you may be able to get 2 -4's cheaper than a single split deal.

Every dual quad tunnel ram combo that I have been involved with needs staggered jetting in all 8 barrels so what's that tell you!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Squared up all the way around on my tunnelram setup.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Squared up all the way around on my tunnelram setup.

Never said it would not run that way. Going along with the theme of this tread, tuning to equalize AFR in each cylinder with a twin 4 barrel carb TR setup needs staggered jetting.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Splits would work, although I'm not sure how much it would gain with methanol. How big is the engine? Car weight? How quick with injection?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
The engine is 605. weight is 1725 with me in it. Best run is 7.54 @ 181. I really only run 8.90.

I actually ordered 2 2 barrels from Braswell. I don't know exactly what I'll get, but he seemed to be all in,and wanted to do it. I have the plates the he puts under the carbs, and the bores are quite large. The distance between is going to be @ 10 inches. Should be interesting for sure!

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should be interesting for sure!

It does sound interesting, keep us advised Smile

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Probably could have saved a little with billet split bodies...

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post