DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Standard glide brake(no push button to reverse) in a aftermarket case?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standard glide brake(no push button to reverse) in a aftermarket case?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted
Anything I should be aware of? I was thinking the case prep was different for each style of vb.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Malaby Racing
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Non-Pro Brake is usually only one hole in the back of the case, the Pro-Tree is a double dump and has two holes.

The valve body directions should tell you what holes to drill.

394L Super Pro / Super Gas

Malaby Racing

Posts: 265 | Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I'm using an old valve body in an aftermarket case that is most likely already made for a pro brake. My Reid case came already setup, just bolt the pro brake in and go.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, the case will operate either way. I have built them each way. I will look back through my notes and check for any specific needs.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
You can plug the extra hole in the back of the case if necessary. Tap the hole and install a cut off bolt or Allen set screw. Epoxy it in place. I changed my Abruzzi built stock case glide from a double dump VB to a Hipster VB that is single dump at the back of the case and just plugged the extra hole. Trans worked perfect. Was trying the VB to see if it was quicker reacting....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I double checked my notes. The easy solution when installing a full tree valve body is to make sure the rear support [governor support] has the metal plate that compliments the valve body.

If you previously raced the full tree valve body then install the plate and governor support that was with it

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post