New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickeys
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just walked out to work on the cars some and had to put some air in these darn mickeys. I tell you what, flipping a switch and putting some air in the tires was hands down the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Even though these tires work fantastic on the track, those 10 seconds of my life are something I can never get back

Posts: 171 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
At least two regular posters here, multi time divisional and national event winners have recently made the swap from emp-tee back to Hoosier, nuff said!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Support our country! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

Posts: 8105 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
At least two regular posters here, multi time divisional and national event winners have recently made the swap from emp-tee back to Hoosier, nuff said!

I believe Hoosier has made progress with their tires for fast dragsters, although from what I hear they are still not as forgiving as Mickeys. But they are better than they were, for sure. That being said I'll stick with what works for me. Although I do not rule out trying Hoosiers again. They worked well on my previous rides.

I personally know of two fast dragster guys that have switched to Mickeys, one a former T/D D2 champ and the other a very quick car. Both have contacted me for my suggestions on what tire and pressure etc to run.

The tire wars continue, some switching to Hoosiers, some switching to Mickeys. Some have switched, then switched back. I think that is a good thing. Competition will no doubt make for a better product in the long run.

272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.73@195
Less Boost Than You Think

www.ftiperformance.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Well just just got off the phone with Jeg's and placed my order for a set of 3183 M/T rear tires for my Corvette since my Hoosiers are done!

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter

Posts: 239 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
It's been three years and 220 passes since I purchased my Mickey PBR tires. Just ordered another set yesterday...Just in case my 60's start to vary. Disclaimer - It's a small tire radial and holds air.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 293 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed I think my son, who holds a doctorate degree, was trying to get you to respond. Well it worked, last year at the Million a person who has a tire deal with Hoosier told me Mickey was the better tire for fast bracket cars. I want say there name as I have Tons of respect for them. I have tried Goodyear, Hoosier, and Mickeys. Always went back to the sticky Mickeys, it works on any track most any time. Goodyears would shake about 30 feet off the line and kill 2 numbers. When it was hot the Hoosiers would shake also but did work well in cold weather. I see lots of everything in the lanes but seems cars from up north do prefer Hoosiers

2010 Silver Dollar Raceway Track Champ
2005,2006,2009 Super Pro points runner up

Posts: 287 | Location: Warner Robins, Georgia | Registered: August 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
3074s Mickeys, over 300 runs on them, and I just pulled my best every 60s this weekend. Multiple 1.01s with a sbc. The numerous sets of different Hoosiers I've owned would never do that because they would blow the tires off at the line instead.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
The tire wars continue, some switching to Hoosiers, some switching to Mickeys. Some have switched, then switched back. I think that is a good thing. Competition will no doubt make for a better product in the long run.

Tempted to get a dragster to put the TT Hemi in and prove that the Goodyear 2922 is the only tire to run.

Smile

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 3059 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by team:
3074s Mickeys, over 300 runs on them, and I just pulled my best every 60s this weekend. Multiple 1.01s with a sbc. The numerous sets of different Hoosiers I've owned would never do that because they would blow the tires off at the line instead.

My results with the 3074 has been similar and I tried several different Hoosier tires and compounds before I finally dumped Hoosier.

Posts: 1150 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
quote:

Tempted to get a dragster to put the TT Hemi in and prove that the Goodyear 2922 is the only tire to run.

Smile

Door car guys.......... Roll Eyes

272" Spitzer
The Blower Shop XR1
3.73@195

www.ftiperformance.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've always ran the 3190 little bubbas on this car but I am considering trying a set of the 3186 tire. Quite a few people run them around here with good results.

Posts: 115 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
quote:

Smile

The old pro stock (I think it was the 2200) take offs were the best tires I have ever had on my dragsters. We were able to get them from a few teams in Mooresville after a few runs for pennies on the dollar and they flat worked on a 4.8x-5.2x 4 link dragster.

My supply dried up!

Mikey Walters
Winston-Salem NC

Posts: 1751 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I am back in the M/T's...the Hoosier definitely has gotten better. I carry both brands in case one gives me problems at marginal race conditions.

I just bought a set of M/T front tires for my dragster. Anyone have any experiences with them?

I ran the 2200 GY years back on my TS Firebird...very short tire that performed well.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyc:
I've always ran the 3190 little bubbas on this car but I am considering trying a set of the 3186 tire. Quite a few people run them around here with good results.
The 3186 is hard to beat but I would recommend trying the 95 or 96...IMO

Posts: 434 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The M/T fronts lasted me 7 years, changed them because of a little dry cracks. They held air well and took very little weight to balance as do the new ones.

272" Spitzer
The Blower Shop XR1
3.73@195

www.ftiperformance.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
The old pro stock (I think it was the 2200) take offs were the best tires I have ever had on my dragsters. We were able to get them from a few teams in Mooresville after a few runs for pennies on the dollar and they flat worked on a 4.8x-5.2x 4 link dragster.

My supply dried up!

Lots of 2211's available now cheap, as of Chicago 2433 is the only legal tire......if you need help on this let me know.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 3059 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I am back in the M/T's...the Hoosier definitely has gotten better. I carry both brands in case one gives me problems at marginal race conditions.

I just bought a set of M/T front tires for my dragster. Anyone have any experiences with them?

I ran the 2200 GY years back on my TS Firebird...very short tire that performed well.
I like the Mickey fronts better then Hoosier because the tread is more square which allows me to run more tire pressure and still have the car handle well at the top end. I always ran 20 psi in my Hoosier fronts because the contact patch was too small at high presure and i couldn't steer well.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1255 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Will what pressure do you normally run in the front M/T dragster tire?

Posts: 1044 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post

272" Spitzer
The Blower Shop XR1
3.73@195

www.ftiperformance.com

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's a tuff pill to swallow when a set of 875$ tires come apart at 20-25 runs and your told "sorry, there yours now".......

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2016 Miller
2015 NHRA D4 Champ!
2009 IHRA T/D #7
2009 IHRA D4 T/D R-up
2007 IHRA D4 Top ET Champ

http://www.killerrons.com/
Rolla Competition Engines

Posts: 1232 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post