DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Delay Box choice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delay Box choice
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have the opportunity to choose between these 3 Delay boxes .I am new to this .Been doing some research but still confused .
All are new in the box , which should I go with .
Biondo Mega 85
Dedenbear CC-1
Dedenbear CC-3
Thanks in advance

Posts: 179 | Location: Matthews NC | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mega

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It would depend on the features that you need and the price of each delay box.

I would have to assume in price from least to most expensive it would be Mega, CC-1, CC-3.

If you Do Not need the delay box to shift the transmission on RPM, I’d select Mega if less expensive.

If you want the delay box to shift your car on RPM I’d select the CC-1.

If going Mega, I’d suggest looking at a new Elite 95 (my present box) that is the newer version of Mega 85 and compare prices.

I’ve owned CC-1/3 and both are same full featured (3 has dial in board output) and can do everything. Very Nice.

If you are getting your choice of taking any one with no difference in money or part of a deal I’d take the CC-3

If you Google the boxes you can download the instructions to review all the features and programming.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would like the delay box to shift the transmission . I did not know the CC-3 has that feature .

Posts: 179 | Location: Matthews NC | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Did a bit more research .Going with the CC-3 . I like the option of it being able to shift the transmission .Thanks All

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you are buying new and don't have any kind of data recorder or rpm playback I'd look at the mega 450/475

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 463 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
digital delay boxes for me...had a dedenbear and it shorted out, nearly caught my car on fire....never again......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
digital delay boxes for me...had a dedenbear and it shorted out, nearly caught my car on fire....never again......

My cc3 lost memory between rounds one time,
had to send in for repair.
I have a Mega 475 now.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

My cc3 lost memory between rounds one time,
had to send in for repair.
I have a Mega 475 now.

Had my cc3 for 15-20 years, only issue that i have had, i needed to send it in to get a firmware update because when i bought it there was no such thing as a "crossover" setting. Eek

joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Went from the CC3 to the Pro Cube. The CC3 works great , just wanted a change. i'll sell you my CC3, if you are interested. Ran the CC2 in the S/G car for years, no problems.

Posts: 5 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post