DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Stack Dash with Grid and Racepack Sportsman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stack Dash with Grid and Racepack Sportsman
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Changing a few things up during the winter. Car currently has Autometer Stack dash with many sensors and 7AL2. I have a new Grid System that I will be adding and getting rid of 7AL2. What im trying to figure out is there a way to also add my Racepack system and use the sensors that I already currently have installed for the Stack Dash?

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m sure GREG KELLY would have the answers you need. He’s also on this forum.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea you can put pretty much any sensor in to the Racepak loggers. Still need a V-net connector and most importantly you need to know the calibrations for the sensors. Auto Meter can give them to you and I can guess some. Can be a bit of trial and error.

You can share pressure info, can not share temp info.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
I also have a Stack Dash Set up https://www.autometer.com/race...pm-pro-comp-pro.html

I sure would like to hook my Sportsman Logger up to the sensors that came with the Stack Dash and Grid. Simply because I am not a fan of the Stack Data Logging.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The pressure sensors are simple. 0 will be .5 volts and what every the sensor is rated for will be 4.5 volts.

Posts: 56 | Location: Rockford, IL | Registered: July 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Marc I sent you a PM with some questions. Id appreciate any help and insight you could provide. Thanks

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
I also have a Stack Dash Set up https://www.autometer.com/race...pm-pro-comp-pro.html

I sure would like to hook my Sportsman Logger up to the sensors that came with the Stack Dash and Grid. Simply because I am not a fan of the Stack Data Logging.

How many v-net sensors do you now have and what are the Stack pressures you want to add? As long as you have 4 open v-net ports it will only cost you $230 for a USM module to bring in the info from those sensors.

Based on what Marc said it should be easy.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:

How many v-net sensors do you now have and what are the Stack pressures you want to add? As long as you have 4 open v-net ports it will only cost you $230 for a USM module to bring in the info from those sensors.

Based on what Marc said it should be easy.

I currently only have the Racepak Sportsman System,sso the only sensors I have is what it comes with. Now the Stack System I have Fuel Pres, Temp, Driveshaft, 02, Oil, and Trans Temp.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post