DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Possible set up problem with grid on the shift
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible set up problem with grid on the shift
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted
G,day,
Hoping someone may be able to kick me in the general direction.
Just had a conversation with a friend that has the grid and grid ignition package in his car.
Nova, BBC, TH400, solenoid shift, solenoid relay is triggered by the shift light output.
Is having a problem where when the unit shifts the engine is pulled down 1200 - 1400 rpm as though there is a limiter or something coming on, engine will labour through it and get going again.
Same thing on both shifts, its a low - mid 9 sec car.
I was going to put my msd tester on it and run it up while he has his laptop on the grid and try to simulate a pass and see if anything stands out.
Any idea's out there?
Thanks very much!
Cheers

Posts: 40 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bad torque converter?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
G,day,
Could be!
That was actually one of the first questions I asked.
Thanks!
Paul

Posts: 40 | Location: gracemere, qld, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is he using the grid to add or pull timing? Only way I could see it causing any issue like that. Otherwise Id say converter is way tight, bad sprag etc

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Paul Dilley
posted Hide Post
G,day Al,
Yes I believe he is pulling timing to tame it down off the start line.
Thanks very much!
Paul